Chapter Five

Theo moved his arm around, searching for the small warm body that had been next to him moments ago. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he felt nothing but the pelts he laid on, panic immediately began to consume him as his eyes snapped open.

"Riley?" Theo called out, his voice husky yet laced with worry.

When he didn't hear the angelic sound of his little omegas voice he threw the tan pelt on top of him off and stood.

"Riley?!" Theo called out louder, worry filling him as he found he was the only occupant in the cave.

He quickly shifted into his wolf and let his nose follow the scent of his mate.

******

Riley wrapped his arms around himself, his teeth chattering as the cold nipped at his bare legs. The brown sweater fit him like a dress, stopping a couple inches above the knees. He regretted not finding some type of pants to wear, but he knew it didn't matter.

He knew he wasn't going to survive out here.

His mind was occupied with Theos' face, he was imagining the betrayed look on his chiseled features and those steel eyes filled with pain. He knew the Rouge probably didn't even care about him, but he liked to dream.

He was snapped out of his reverie by a vicious snarl echoing from behind him. Slowly he turned and was meet with a reddish brown wolf, its teeth bared at him.

Fear immediately griped Riley tight his legs beginning to shake harshly. Slowly he backed up, twigs and leaves crunching under his foot. The wolf growled at his actions, snapping his jaws towards his feet making him scream and jump back. As left foot landed on the ground while his right foot landed in a mound of leaves.

There was a squeak of rusty metal and then a snap. Riley screamed out in pain as the bear trap locked around his ankle another snap echoing the first. Riley feel backwards onto his back, the rusty metal teeth of the trap digging deeper into his pale flesh, blood trickling down his foot. The wolf in front of him gave a wolfish smirk before licking his chops.

Tears streamed down Riley's face as the wolf neared him, whimpers mixed with fear and pain slipping past his lips. The wolf walked until his body hovered Riley's, it's jaws nearing his throat. Riley grabbed the wolf's face, his nails digging past the fur and into its flesh as he pushed at the beast. Riley sobbed miserably, his arms shaking with fear. All the pain was non existent at this current moment, Riley wasn't thinking of how bad his back ached, or how every move of his ankle sent a wave of white hot pain ups his spine. His eyes and mind were set on the teeth that now hovered his face.

Theos' eyes landed on the scene before him, his little omega underneath a rogue struggling to push the heavy wolf off. One foot kicked and flailed around as his other was in the jaws of a bear trap bleeding as the teeth dug deeper with his every move. A growl bubbled out of his throat as anger began to consume him, his paws thundered against the leaf covered ground as he ran towards the two. He lunged forward, knocking the wolf off his mate. They both rolled on the ground, jaws snapping and claws carving into each other. Theo could tell by the way the wolf fought that he was inexperienced and naive, yet he had no mercy to give to the wolf not after he threatened his mate.

Seeing the perfect opportunity Theo sank his teeth into the wolf's neck and gave it a quick jerk to the right, killing the rogue. Pulling his teeth from the limp wolf's neck Theo quickly shifted back into his human form, his mind now clouded with worry instead of anger.

He immediately rushed to Riley's side to only see him shaking in fear, tears running down the side of his face as he laid limply on the ground.

"T-theo?" Rileys broken voice asked as thean came into view.

"Its alright my little omega I'm here." Theo cooed his hands starting to work on the bear trap.

A whimper escaped Riley's lips as the pressure on his ankle was released, and before he knew it he was in Theo's arms.

"I'm sorry." Riley whispered softly as his hands clutched around Theo his body still shaking harshly.

"Its alright. Youre safe now." Theo cooed and threaded his fingers through Riley's white halo.

It broke his heart as Riley unconsciously whispered the apology over and over. He tried to comfort Riley but nothing seemed to work as the boy clung to him and began to sob his apology until he fell asleep.

Theo kissed the boys temple and continued his walk home, clutching the limp body in his arms tight as if he would never see the omega again.