Chapter Fourteen

The warrior scowled at the sight of Theo, rogue's had always disgusted him and made him sick to his very core. Theo only smirked as the warrior looked him up and down, he could see the warrior was nothing more than a pup wanting to play hero.

"What do I owe the pleasure of seeing royal warriors at my home?" Theo asked, gesturing towards his cave as he said his home.

"Our king," the warrior paused gesturing to the other warriors around him." has sent us on a mission to find the lost prince. We've been ordered to check all homes that are occupied by lycans." The warrior said, puffing out his chest in, challenging the rogue.

"I can assure you I'm the only lycan in this cave." Theo lied.

He wanted to keep Riley safe and hidden from the warriors, there's no telling what they would do if they discovered they were mates.

"I see, well since you are the only rogue here we might as well just kill you, the world could thrive without rogues. We take you out we have one less problem." The warrior smiled

"You kill me?" Theo laughed, finding amusement at the thought." You are nothing but a pup in a uniform with a sword. Now run back to your little king and leave me be." Theo said, his lips pressing into a thin line.

"How dare you call me a pup! I am head warrior of the whole royal army!" The warrior shouted, his blood starting to boil." I could rip you to shreds!" He growled.

"Go back to the castle before you get hurt," Theo paused looking the shorter man up and down" pup." Theo said before turning his back, ready to walk into the cave.

"I'm not a pup!" The warrior growled, and lunged forward shifting in mid air.

Theo turned around just as the warriors, copper wolf descended on him. Theo growled at the warrior in warning giving him a chance to back down. The lycan only response was snapping his jaws, saliva dripping down onto Theo's cheek.

A low whimper filled of fear gained both lycans attention. Theo's eyes widened as he looked at Riley, fear was practically tolling off of the omega in waves.

"Run Riley!" Theo roared, throwing the warrior off of him.

Riley whimpered but listened to Theo's orders and shot out of the cave, fear making him pump his legs faster. Despite how fast he felt like he was going he still had a limp and it was slowing him down.

The warrior pushing himself off of the cave floor and barked at his troop to catch the omega. The other men nodded and shifted into their wolves, and chased after Riley.

"No!" Theo yelled, shifting into his wolf and thundering after the others.

Anger surged him forward as he pumped his legs faster, pushing himself harder. Using his advantage of knowing the forest like the back of his hand he was able to cut in front of the others, Riley's small form in his sights. His legs felt numb, his heart pounding in his chest as he opened his jaws and snagged Riley by his scruff making the him yelp in surprise.

The only thing that was on Theo's mind was protect Riley, get Riley to safety. Theo's thundered forward, his attention in front of him not noticing the wolf that was coming up from his side. The sandy colored wolf slammed into Theo's side, sending him skidding across the forest floor with Riley slamming into a tree.

Theo lifted his head up a snarl leaving his throat as his eyes landed on Riley who laid limp at the base of a tree. Growls bubbled from the rogues throat as he turned to face the other lyacn. The warrior saw the crazed look in the rogues eyes and an unconscious whimper slipped past his lips.

Theo seemed to grow before the warrior as anger surgery through his veins, and before the sandy wolf even had a chance to fight back his neck was broken. Theo dropped the warriors limp body from his mouth, a low whine catching his attention.

He quickly made his way to Riley's side and licked the omegas cheek, relief flooding through him as the omega cracked his eyes open. Theo sighed and pressed his head to the side of the omegas face.

Theo knew he had lost the other lycans and allowed himself to shift back into his human form.

"Shift back for me my little omega." Theo whispered into Rileys ear.

Whimpering Riley shifted back, his blcak eyes returning to the ocen blues Theo knew.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked worriedly, his eyes scanning over Riley's body.

Riley nodded, staring up at Theo with a soft smile on his lips. Theo sighed once more and leaned down, pressing his lips to his omegas.

"I love you, goddess I love you so much." Theo mumbled into the omegas nape as he scooped the boy into his arms.

"I love you too." Riley whimpered.

They had out run the warriors for now, but Theo knew they had to keep moving. He was going to make sure his mate was completely out of harms way before they let their guard down.