Chapter Twenty Four

Theo screamed as he gripped the silver chains in his hands, pulling hard in attempt to break the bolts that bolted the chains to the ground. Steam rose from his hands as the chain burned his felsh away, his jaw clenched as he tried to contain his screams.

"Your attempts are futile. The only way you're getting out of here is when we drag your dead body out." John spat, staring at the main that grit his teeth to keep the screams from spilling out of his mouth.

A scream ripped through Theo's throat as white hot pain shot up his arm, he released the chains his hands and arms shaking. His hands were bloody and burned, blisters decorating his skin. Theo slouched in his spot where he kneeled on the ground, his shoulders heaving as he gulped in air.

"I-i promised him." Theo panted, he's head rolling back so he looked up at the brick ceiling."I told him I'd be their for him. That I would protect him." He finished breathlessly, his hands numb from the pain that seemed to pulse there.

"He doesn't need your protection anymore, he's home. I'm his father I can protect him." John snapped.

"Yes, but you can't love him like I can. You can't give him the comfort I can. Separating us isn't only hurting me, it's hurting Riley. Riley trust me, he loves me and I love him." Theo said falling back on his butt.

"Riley will learn to forget about you, he will learn to love someone else. He doesn't need the lie you call love." John snarled.

"Riley does need me, he's going to crumble right through your fingers because your going to kill the one person he ever loved. The first person he ever loved." Theo said looking back at John, his black locks covering his eyes slightly.

******

Riley groaned as he woke up, his head throbbing in pain. Clutching his head with one hand he used the other to search the other side of the bed, finding it cold.

"Theo?" Riley called out in confusion, his nose scrunching up in pain as he ran his hand across a sensitive bump.

He opened his eyes, the blue ocenas scanning across the room. He looked on the bed next to him and then the memories came flooding back.

"Theo." He said, his eyes going wide and a lump beginning to form in his throat.

He threw the silk blankets away from his body and scrambled off the bed. He ran to the door, his hand quickly twisting and pulling the the door knob to only find himself locked inside.

"No! Let me out!" Riley screamed, slamming his small fists on the door."Theo!" He cried out tears building in his eyes.

The guards on the otherside winced at the boys painful cries. Their hearts filling with regret. They both knew how important a mate is, both having own.

"Theo." Riley whimpered in a broken sob, falling to the floor in a heap.

His shoulders shook as sobs coursed through his small body, his small hands threading through his hair and tugging.

"My Prince, what's wrong?" Flit asked, opening the door and shutting it behind him.

"I-i need him. I-i need Theo." Riley sobbed.

Flints face twisted into a look of pity as he slowly sank down to the floor and pulled the crying boy into his lap.

"I'm sorry, I truly am. If it was up to me you both would be together. I would've disobeyed the kings orders if the safety of my family wasn't at risk. You father promised all who works in the castle, that if something were to happen to us, our families would be taken care of." Flint said softly rocking the boy back and forth gently in his lap.

"I-i can't live without him." Riley sobbed.

"Shh, I'll do my best to make you father see what he's doing is wrong, we'll get your mate free." Flint cooed softly.

Riley clutched the man's uniform in his hands and sobbed. The omegas head filled with the image of Theo his heart throbbing in pain.Flint continued to try and comfort the prince, both lycans too distracted to hear the king walk in. Softly John tapped Flints shoulder, his bruised knuckles on display. The guard frowned as the king took his son into his arms and carried him to the bed, sitting down and wrapping his arms around the boy.

Flint suddenly didn't see a king anymore. He saw a man that was given what he wanted and if he didn't get his way he threw a fit. The man felt disgusted for serving this man, he was going to get Riley his mate back and then the omega was going to be king.

The king everyone needed.