Chapter Two

In every kingdom mates mean everything. They were especially important to the omegas and the rogues. The omega could be free from being used as slaves, as sex slaves, and free from abuse. They could be in the safe arms of their mates.

It was every omegas dream to have a mate, but being guarded and their scent practically eliminated by the higher ranked wolves, it was rare they found their mates. In the rogues case, they finally felt like they had a purpose. Being an outlaw no longer mattered to them, as long as they had their mate nothing mattered. All their attention was turned towards their mates, their mates need came before their own, and most importantly they would make sure no harm came to their mates. They would make sure that not one hair on their head was harmed.

It was hard for the rogues to find their mates due to the fact they were banished and it was forbidden for them to enter a pack without permission. Most times if a rouge stepped into a pack territory they were killed or chased off the land.

Both out cast and low ranks needed their mates.

******

The steel colored eyes trailed down the limp omega, his gaze scanning the omegas back that was coated in blood that now began to crust. The Rogues eyes landed on the omegas face, a frown forming as they scanned over the blood and bruise on his right cheek.

With a feather touch the rogue skimmed his knuckles across the boys cheek, a whine bubbling from his throat as sparks as shot up his arm. As gently as he could the rogue slipped his arms underneath the omegas limp body and picked him up. The rogue cradled the omegas body close to his chest and stood up from his kneeling position on the ground.

"You are going to be fine little omgea." The rogue whispered, his deep voice soft as velvet.

The omega let out a small unconscious whine to the sound resulting in the rogue softly smiling as he began to walk. The rouges mind was set on getting the small omega home to his cave that rest deep in the woods. It was there he would nurse the boys wounds and clean him free of the blood.

The rogues cave consisted of a pile of furs from the numerous animals he's killed for food, a fire pit, a plie of clothes for when he chose to walk around in human form, and deep with in the cave there was a small bubbling spring where he collected water to drink and bathe in. Overall he was proud of the space, it was secluded and quiet. Nobody could disturb him.

Nobody could find out about his male mate.

He wasn't ashamed of having a male mate, no that wasn't the reason. The only reason he had to hide his mate is because it was forbidden. Long before the current king, Riley's father, it was an understood law that if there was an existence of the same sex mate they would be executed. The law wasnt to be messed with, no matter the circumstances.

In the solitude of the rogues cave, they were safe.

The rogue smiled as he walked through the entrance of his cave, he walked to the pile of furs and placed the omega down on them. Quickly he covered the omega in a soft tan plet of a deer and started working on a fire.

Once a nice size fire was stared he collected a scrap of cloth and picked the bundled omega back up with ease. He made his way to the spring in the back of his cave and laid the omega down. Using a bucket he'd stole from the village he collected water and sat down next to the unconscious omega.

Submerging the scrap of cloth into the bucket of water, the rouge began the task of cleaning the omega free from blood. The water in the bucket soon turned pink as he continued to wash the fragile omega.

Softly he hummed a tune of a lullaby as he gently cleaned the omegas cute little button nose. The rogue admired every feature of the omega, his eyes stayed trained in the omegas heart shaped face as he washed the boy. His eyes never wandering wandering lower than they needed.

Once he finished washing the boy he dumped the water out in a near by corner and scooped the fragile omega back into his arms. The omegas wounds were no longer bleeding and his heart still beating strong him his chest and that overall gave the rogue hope.

Kissing the omegas temple the rogue laid the boy down back on the piles of fur and laid a warm pelt over his pale body. Concerned for the boys warmth even with the fire and pelt the rogue shifted and curled up next to him. He'd maganged to nudge the omegas head onto his said, the white hair clashing againg his black fur.

He let out a sigh and laid his head over his crossed paws and allowed himself to slowly drift to sleep.