Chapter Forty

Riley grinned at Theo as he placed the mans hand on his swollen stomach, their pup kicked against the rogues hand causing the man to smile. The two mates locked eyes, both grinning as the pup continued to kick. Riley was a few months along, almost ready to pop, which he was grateful for.

The omega felt terrible for how he'd been treating Theo with his constant mood swings and cravings, but he couldn't help it. Theo knew this and didn't have a problem with running around and doing things for his mate, and he had told Riley this constantly I'm attempt to reassure him, yet to no avail Riley still felt the same way.

"He's going to be strong, just like his father." The omega said with a smile as he watched Theo.

Theo chuckled and placed a kiss on the boys stomach before connecting their lips. Riley sighed, enjoying the moment as their lips moved in sync. His arms had wrapped loosely around the mans neck, his fingers playing with the mans ink black locks.

"I love you." Theo said softly as he rested his head against Riley's thin chest, looking up at his mate.

"I love you too." Riley replied with a soft smile on his lips as he scanned the mans face.

******

Theo had left Riley alone in their room as he ran to grab something for them to eat from the kitchen. The omega was struggling to get off of the bed, his lips twisted into a frown as his stomach provented him from doing the task. He wanted to stand and walk around the room, his feet and legs starting to get pins and needles from laying down so long.

Riley smiled as he finally managed to stand, yet the expression was immediately wiped from his face as his stomach constricted. He gasped in pain, his hand gripping the bed sheets as he slowly began to sink to the floor. He whimpred miserably as another contraction tore through him, his hand clutching the silk sheets tightly.

"Theo!" He cried out in pain catching Flints attention as the guard walked passed the kings room.

Flint slowly opened the door, only for Riley to scream in pain once more.

"Riley?! What's wrong?" Flint asked worriedly kneeling by omegas side.

"Theo, get Theo." The boy grunted.

"What's wrong?" Flint asked worriedly his eyes blown wide with panic.

"The baby." Riley hissed, anger sparking through him as Flint sat there." Get Theo!" He snapped, pushing flint towards the door.

Flint nodded and stood to his feet rushing to find the kings mate. The guard finally found Theo in the kitchen, a smile on his face as he cut orange into wedges.

"Theo!" Flint cried out gaining the mans attention.

"Flint? What's wrong?" Theo asked, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"It's Riley!" Flint said in a panic." He- hes- t- The pup!" Flint stuttered.

Theo's eyes widened as he looked at the man the urge to run to his mate kicking in.

"Get the doctor. Now!" Theo yelled running to his in Riley's bedroom as fast as his legs would carry him.

He rushed into their room, seeing Riley on the floor panting as a bead of sweat formed on the side of his head.

"T-theo." Riley whimpered as he smelt the mans scent.

"I'm here. I'm here now, let's get you on the bed." Theo rushed scooping the boy up in his arms and placing him on the soft mattress.

******

Hours later Theo held his son that was wrapped in a small pastel blue blanket. The rogues eyes flickered from his son's, Nickolai, sleeping face to Riley's. The omega was the first one to hold their son, a weak smile on his face as he looked down at his chubby pup.

Once the pup was clean and wrapped up, it was Theo's turn to hold him. The omega was relaxed as soon as Theo held their pup, knowing he was in safe arms, and allowed himself to sleep.

The omegas stomach was stitched up, his head propped up against pillows. The rogue pressed his lips to his mates face before returning to look down at his son.

"I'm going to protect you and your Papa. I'm not going to let anything happen to you two." He said softly, a smile on his lips as he slowly got off the bed and laid Nickolai in his bassinet next to Riley's side of the bed.

Theo kissed his sons head softly before returning to bed and locking hands with Riley before falling to sleep.