Chapter Seven

A sigh left John's lips as he sat at his desk, a map was laid across it markings of where he'd sent troops to look for his son. He was desperate to find the prince, they'd searched almost every pack in the kingdom and still no sign of him.

"My king, I don't want to say this but I think its best if we stop looking. The prince is probably gone." The kings right hand man said softly.

"No, there's a chance he's still alive. There's two northern packs that haven't been checked and then we have to check the woods. I refuse to believe he's dead." The king said, his voice cracking at the end.

"The woods?" The younger man asked in disbelief." Sir you can't be serious. There's rogues out their, you'd be putting hundreds of lives at risk, putting men with mates at risk." The man stammered.

"I don't care, Riley is all that I have left and until we search every where, under every stone I will believe he's alive. I will believe that he's out their." John said sternly slamming his fist down on his desk, wood cracking from the impact.

"Why don't you just mate wit-" the younger man started.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. I will not betray Elizabeth that way, she may be dead but shes still my might and I'll be damned to hell if I mate with another." John growled.

"The kingdom needs a heir sire." The man said.

"I know this, and there's one out there. Who knows maybe he's found his mate, a beautiful woman who can rule by his side and grant him with a child. Maybe he already has one. Who knows, but we will find him. We have to." John said, a tear slipping down his cheek.

He couldn't help but think of all the years he's missed, all the time he could've spent teaching his son how to be a king. Bonding with his son and making a strong man out of him.

******

Riley let out a content sigh as he laid snuggled against Theo's side. Unconscious purrs left his lips and Theo ran his fingers through Riley's locks, the man could only smile down at his mate. Riley trailed his hand across Theos bare abs and grabbed his hand. Theo could only chuckle as Riley intertwined their fingers together, his small thumb rubbing Theo's knuckle.

Riley looked at their hands, a smile forming on his lips. Riley's eyes wandered up Theo's arm, his eyes halting on a scare that was burned in an odd shape above his wrist.

"What happened here?" Riley asked softly, his fingers trading the burn.

"My alpha wasn't too nice." Theo said.

Riley's head snapped up to look at Theo's handsome face.

"H-he burned you?" Riley asked in a whisper.

"Yes, but it's okay. I had enough of him hurting me and my little brother so I punched him square in the nose." Theo said.

"You have a brother?" Riley asked.

"I had a brother, the reason I got banned from the pack wasn't because I punched the alpha in the nose. It was because I killed the betas son for beating my little brother to death." Theo said softly, remembering it like it was yesterday.

"Theo, I'm so sorry." Riley whimpered a frown appearing on his lips.

"Hey, don't fret. I'm fine now, I have you." Theo said leaning up and pressing his lips to Riley.

Theo smiled in the kiss as Riley responded, chuckling as Riley's hands snaked to Theo's black hair. Riley whimpered as he felt Theos teeth nip at his bottom lip, that simple noise drove Theo wild but he knew he had to stop. He knew after the experiences Riley had with others that he wouldn't be ready for anything sexual for a while.

Theo was fine with that as long as Riley was happy. He pulled away and smiled as he saw Riley's dazed face, his eyes glazed over.

Riley liked this whole kissing ordeal, he loved the taste of Theo on his tongue. He loved the high he got from the simple kiss. With a smile on Riley's lips he laid his head back down on Theo's warm bare chest, he let out a purr once more as Theo ran his fingers through his white hair.

"Thank you Theo." Riley said as the petting started to put him to sleep.

"For what my little omega?" Theo asked softly , the tiredness in his mates voice reaching his ears.

"Saving me, protecting me." Riley whispered as he drifted off into his sleep.

Theo chuckled at Riley before kissing the boys head and wrapping his arms around Riley. Theo let himself drift to sleep to the sound of Riley's small snores, mentally thanking the moongoddess for such a wonderful mate.