Chapter Nineteen

John sat at the table waiting for the rogue and Riley to make an appearance. He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his dark hair, he'd just got his son back and he's already upset the boy. He knows he's going to have to take it slow, and not rush into things. The sound of feet gained John's attention, his head turning towards the entryway of the dinning room. His eyeborws immediately knitted in confusion as he saw the rogue carrying his son, Riley's head on the mans shoulder as his arms laid limply around the mans neck and his legs wrapped around his torso.

"Riley was asleep when the servant came to get us, he was too tired to walk so I carried him." Theo said walking closer to the table and pulling a chair out.

"He's nineteen, you shouldn't treat him like a child and besides a prince has responsibilities how is he going to learn to do things on his own if you keep babying him?" John asked as he watched Theo place the boy that was half asleep the chair in front of him.

"Your majesty, do you know what happens in your kingdom? How omegas are treated? I didn't have to know Riley all his life to know that's he didn't have a great childhood, to know that he never got to play with other pups. Omegas are treated horribly from the time their born to the time they die. Riley never got to be himself, he was always doing things for others and if he didn't do it he got beaten. Most of the time Riley won't ask you for anything, because he feels like he doesn't deserve it. Usually he will not allow you to do anything for him because he's been brain washed that his rank is the most revolting thing to be and nobody should waste their time helping him." Theo said his voice rising at the end.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me you filthy rogue, I am your king!" John snapped.

"Theo, please stop fighting." Riley whimpered, tears blurring his ocean blue eyes.

"I'm sorry Riley, I just thought the king should know that not everything is all sunshine and rainbows." Theo said sitting in the chair next to his mate.

"Calm down please?" Riley pleaded in a soft whispered, his eyes focused on his hands in his lap.

Theo let out a sigh and nodded in agreement. He was angered by the fact that the king didn't know how his own people were being treated in his kingdom. Riley could tell that Theo was upset but he couldn't help him without his father knowing they were mates.

"So Theo," John started, spitting out the omegas name in disgust."tell me how you met my son." He said leaning back in his chair as food was placed in front of him.

As Theo told the story Riley also let his mind drift back to that day, he could still hear the cracking sound the whip made before its bit into his porcelain flesh, he could still feel his flesh burning and sizzling under the touch of the silver chain, he could still remember the words alpha Maliki spoke to him.

"Omegas are worthless, the only thing you are good for is release." Alpha Maliki seethed, his eyes holding the hatred that the omega always saw burning bright in his eyes." How does that feel Riley, to know you have no mate and the closest thing you'll get to being loved is being used as a sexual release?" Maliki whispered in his ear.

Riley frowned at the words, his head turning until his eyes landed on Theo who was still talking.

"Theo's not like that, he loves me." Riley thought a small smile on his lip.

Riley knew Theo wouldn't do that to him, he'd already proved that by saving his life, by fighting off the rogues, and taking care of him while he healed.

"Riley." The kings said, gaining the omegas attention.

"S-sorry, I was lost in the past." Riley said with a sheepish smile, his cheeks tinting a pink color.

"Hmm, well I have to thank you again Theo, for saving my son. As much as I hate rogues in my castle your welcome to stay until Riley trusts me, then you can leave." John said, taking a bite of his food.

The two mates stayed silent ate began eating their food, both biting their tongues to keep from telling the King that Theo was staying for a very, very long time.

Riley continued eating only to jump as he flet a hand place itself on his lower thigh. Looking down at his lap, he followed the arm that lead up to Theo's smiling face. The omegas heart skipped a beat at the sight, a warm and fuzzy feeling spreading throughout his body. Slowly Riley took Theo's hand, his own lips twitching into a small smile as Theo ran his thumb along the back of his hand. Though they were quiet as they ate, in their mind both of them were telling each other 'I love you.'