Chapter Six

Theo watched Riley sleep, his eyes flickering to the omegas face and back towards the ankle that he was making a makeshift cast around. He found that the oversized brown sweater only made made Riley look more innocent than he already was, the sleeves swallowing his hands and one side hung off one of his pale shoulders.

"Why won't you let me protect you like a mate should?" Theo asked softly, talking to himself more than his omega.

Theo thought he was failing Riley, it was the only answer he could come up with that sounded reasonable enough to want to make Riley run. He sighed a frown forming in his lips.

"I'll do better, I promise." He whispered as he stood up.

He stood up and walked back to the springs deciding to take a quick bath before his omega awoken.

******

"Theo!" Riley screamed as he jolted awake from his dream, sweat beading off of his forehead.

As soon as the cry of fear reached Theo's ears he immediately grabbed the pelt by the spring and ran, wrapping the fur around his waist. He ran into the den and began looking for danger, his wolf kicking in and ready to protect his mate.

Theo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he saw no threat, his attention quickly turning to Riley. His eyes softening as he saw the tears in Riley's eyes the omega sat up on the piles of fur.

He quickly made his way to Riley's side, sitting down next to him only for the omegas arms to shoot up and wrap around his neck.

"What's wrong my little omega?" Theo asked threading his fingers through Riley's hair.

" I-I h-he. Th-they killed you. I-" Riley stammered over his words as he sobbed into Theos nape.

"Shh sweetheart, your fine. I'm here." Theo cooed pulling the omega into his lap.

"I-it was my fault. I-i got you killed." Riley sobbed.

"Hey, hey, I'm here. You didn't get me killed." Theo said rubbing Riley's back.

"I-i ran because I-I would get you killed. Y-your a great ma-mate, I c-cant let you get k- killed because of me. I-im not worth it." Riley sobbed, tears tumbling down his cheeks that were now turning pink.

"Oh Riley, you are worth it. I would die for you if it meant you got to live, but were deep inside the woods nobody can hurt us here." Theo said pulling away from Riley and wiping his tears away.

Relief washed over Theo as he heard Riley was only trying to protect him. Theo was starting to see that Riley's heart was too pure for this cruel world, dispute all the stuff Riley had been through he was still a kind hearted soul with not a inch of sin in him.

Theo looked down at Riley as the boy wiped his eyes free of tears with the sleeve of the sweater. The action made Riley look like a child, his real innocence shining through making Theo smile.

"Can I kiss you?" Theo asked softly as he pressed his forehead to Riley's, the words slipping out before could even register what he'd just spoke.

A blush blossomed on Riley's cheeks, his teeth beginning to tug at his bottom lip.

"I-i don't know how." Riley mumbled nervously.

"Just go with what feels right." Theo said taking Rileys chin in his thumb and pointer finger, and tugging up.

Theo gently pressed his lips to Riley's, slowly moving against them before Riley started to kiss back. Theos arms wrapped around Riley's back pulling his omega closer as Riley's fingers threaded through Theos hair.

Theo pulled away and watched Riley's rosy cheeks turn a shade of red darker, pride filling his heart that he was Riley's first kiss. Theo could only chuckle as the omega buried his face in the rouges chest out of embarrassment.

"You are truly to innocent for this world Riley." Theo mumbled into the omegas white hair.

Riley felt stupid and and guilty for ever wanting to leave Theo, and he would do anything and everything he could to make it up to the rogue. It may have only been a few days but this rogue managed to catch Riley's heart. He should've known not to fight the mate bond and now he saw what he was missing out on.

He was missing out on exactly what he'd always dreamed of. Theo now had Riley's heart in his hands and Riley only hoped he would never break it.

Theo could see that even though Riley accepted everything, that he was still scared of getting hurt. He just hoped that Riley knew that Theo would never dare hurt him. That he knew if Riley told him to kill himself he would do it if that meant him being happy.

********

I know the whole beginning of the book seems to be moving fast but if you've been around my account long enough that in my stories they never automatically accept each other. So guys bare with me I'm trying.