Chapter Seventeen

John leaned back in his chair, resting his head on the top as his right arm folded over his face and covered his eyes. There was a dull throb in his temple as he let out a sigh, he'd been staring multiple papers and maps trying to find where to send his troops to next.

The king let out an annoyed groan as someone knocked frantically on the door to his study, all John wanted to do was rest but all hopes of that happening have been ruined.

"For goddess's sake come in!" The king yelled, clearly annoyed with who ever was on the other side of the door.

"Sire, I have good news!" The guard that had found Theo and Riley spoke excitedly, only making the kings headache worse.

"Not now Flint, all I wish to do is to s-" he started.

"I do not mean to disrespect you by interrupting you, your majesty but this is important. We've found him." Flint spoke with a smile and a blush tinting his cheeks.

"What?" The king asked in shock." Flint I swear if this is some sick joke I will send you to the dungeons." The king said standing up from his chair.

"This is no joke! We've found the prince!" Flint smiled.

"Take me to him. Now!" John ushered, stepping out from behind his desk.

******

"I'm scared Theo." Riley whimpered and nestled his head into the rogues cloth covered chest.

"Riley look at me," Theo said softly." I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Nothing is going to stop me from keeping you safe." He said leaning down and pressing his lips to Riley's.

Riley stood on his toes and let his hands thread through Theo's dark locks, the rogues hands wrapping around Riley and pulling him closer.

"I love you." Riley whispered locking his eyes with Theo's.

" I love you too my little omega." Theo smiled and pecked his nose.

The door slamming open made Riley jump and hide behind Theo, his small hands clutching the white fabric of the man's shirt.

The king stood at the doorway, his eyes landing on the man that stood in the room. The tall man with ink black hair, steel gray eyes, a strong jaw, and muscles. Immediately John's heart sank to his stomach as he looked at Theo, a disappointed sigh leaving his lips. This wasn't his son.

"Flint, this man is not my son. Riley had ocean blue eyes and white hai-" John stopped mid sentence, his eyes widening in shock as a white haired boy peeked his head out from behind the rogue.

"R-riley?" He stuttered in disbelief and hope, tears prickling his eyes.

The boy gave a shy nod, his eyes flickering up and revealing the blue ocean colored eyes he remembered. The boy didn't hold his head up high, he hunkered down in submission like an omega. This boy was his son.

With a strangled cry of joy leaving his lips john ran towards the omega and pulled him into an tight embrace, his tears tumbling down his cheeks and falling into Riley's white locks.

"I've searched for you for so long, now your finally home. The moongoddess finally answered my prayers and returned you back home." John spoke with a soft smile on his lips.

"I was l-lost?" Riley asked I'm confusion.

"When you were a baby my brother, Maliki, came to the castle and took you away from me and ur mother. I'm the process of taking you away from me, he killed your mother. He took the two things that mattered most to me in this world away from me, but now ive got you back." John sighed his heart aching at the memory.

"D-do you m-mean alpha M-Maliki?" Riley stuttered.

John only nodded his eyes watching Riley carefully as the boy started to shake.

"A-are you going to h-hurt me like he did?" Riley asked, walking backwards towards Theo.

"He hurt you?" John asked in worry.

Riley nodded.

"H-he beat me and let other lycans-" Riley broke his sentence off with a sob, his hands gripping Theo's shirt as he started to cry as he relived the memories in his head.

"Riley I am nothing like my brother, I will never lay a hand on you. I will never allow another lycan to touch you like that again." John said, trying to look at Riley. "You are my son, youre all I have left. You can trust me Riley." He finished softly in a broken voice.

Theo stood silently, unsure himself how to react to the man before him, the king that stood before him. In all honesty Theo was a bit nervous. There was no telling if John would accept him as Riley's mate or not.

******

Sorry its kinda crappy I've been distracted a lot.