Chapter Eleven

The kings head perked up to the sound of his study door opening, his eyes landing on the man that entered the room.

"Elijah," John greeted leaning back in his chair." What news do you have?" He asked, his heart filling with hope.

The moment he saw the frown on the mans face that hope shattered like glass, the shards buried deep within his heart.

"We didn't find him sir." Elijah whispered, he knew this mission to find the prince was important to his king.

"I see, send troops into the forests. My son is out there. I know it." John mumbled with determination as he marked out the northern packs his troops had checked.

His troops didn't kill every pack, just his brothers. It was Maliki's fault that Riley was missing and his mate was dead, he didn't get to whiteness the death but he hope it was brutal. John hoped Maliki suffered, that all he felt was pain before he died.

Elijah sighed but nodded heading out of the door, he was one of the two warriors that found Riley. He new that the prince was most likely dead by now, he saw how much the omega had bled and he knew nobody could survive from that much blood loss. He didn't have the heart to tell the king that his only son was dead, that he'd left him in a field to die peacefully because he wouldn't have made the journey back.

Elijah knew that keeping this secret was putting hundreds of warriors lives at stake, but he knew more lives would be jeopardized if he told the king. When the queen died the whole kingdom went into a dilemma. The crime rates spiked and people were put out of their jobs. Families suffered from starvation as the king suffered from a broken heart.

He was going to do as the king said and send troops into the forest on a wild goose chase, to have them search for someone that wasn't even alive.

******

Riley sighed in content as Theo pressed his lips to his bare shoulder. Theo could tell Riley was more relaxed after the whole storm incident, he was more open and willing to talk about his past. Riley finally understood that no matter what happened in the past, Theo would always love him. He would never look at Riley differently than he did now.

Theo will never be able to understand how grateful Riley truly was that he accepted him and his flaws. He will never know how big of an impact he has made in Riley's life, that he was the only reason the omega wanted to live. Theo knew that Riley loved him but he didn't know how deep that love ran, that Theo had buried himself so deep in Riley's heart that even if the omega tried to get him out he wouldn't be able to.

Riley twisted his body around in Theo's arms as the stood in the spring, he wrapped his arms around Theo's neck and began to memorize every detail of the mans face. Theo only smiled and leaned down, pressing his lips to Riley's. Their lips moved together and with courage bubbling in Theo's stomach, the man let his tongue slip out of his mouth and swipe across Riley's bottom lip. The omega gasped in response, giving Theo the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into Riley's mouth. Their tongues clashing together, a moan of pleasure and shock leaving his lips as his taste buds soaked up the flavor that was Theo.

Riley's hands tangled themselves in the black locks on top of Theo's head tugging gently and pulling his body flush against Theo's. This kiss was having a different affect on Riley but he didn't complain, he loved it. Theo pulled his lips away before things went to far, a whimper of disapproval leaving Riley's lips. Riley wanted more, but what 'it' actually was lost to him. He didn't know what more he wanted but he wanted. Theo only chuckled at Riley, pecking his forehead that was covered in white wet locks.

"Lets get out and get dressed." Theo said walking out of the spring with Riley clinging t o him, trying to figure out what more he wanted from the kiss.