Chapter Twenty One

Theo watched Riley sleep a bit longer, his eyes scanning over the boys sleeping face. With great reluctance the rogue slipped out of Riley's bed and kissed his omegas forehead while covering him up with the silk blanket. Slowly Theo crept back to his room and climbed into his own bed, yet he didn't fall asleep. He laid looking at the ceiling and tried to formulate a plan for the king to like him.

Slowly his mind drifted back to Riley, this place was safer for him. He had a roof over his head and more than one person willing to lay down their life for him. Theo couldn't give him this, he couldn't give him a proper bed, clothing, warmth, or a proper home.

This was the closet thing Theo had to an home in years, he couldn't take Riley away from this if he was forced to leave. He wouldn't do that.

The rogue frowned at the thought of leaving his omega, but if it came down to it he would make Riley stay here. He could sneak into his window every now and then but he wouldn't take this away from him.

******

The birds sang as the sun started to rise, John stood at the end of Riley's bed a sad smile on his lip. The kings eyes were brimmed with tears as he watched the prince sleep.

He looked so much like his mother that it made the kings heart ache.

"Oh goddess. Elizabeth he looks so much like you." John whispered brokenly.

Letting out a sigh he wiped his eyes and straightened up before walking over to the bed and gently shaking Riley awake.

"Wake up little prince. I want to show you, your kingdom." John whispered softly, sitting in the bed next to his son.

Riley groaned as he slowly cracked his eye lids open, the omegas hair sticking out in different directions making John chuckle. Riley looked around in confusion until his eyes landed on his father, seeing the small smile on his face.

"Y-your majesty?" Riley asked in confusion as he rubbed his eyes.

Johns heart panged at the words, he never thought his son would call him your majesty instead of father.

"Please, don't call me that. You can call me Father, after all that's what I am to you." John pleaded.

"Yes, father." Riley said, the foreign word sounding strange on his tongue.

Nonetheless the king as heard swelled with joy. A smile formed on his lips and his eyes shone bright with happiness.

"I want you to get dressed, I'm taking you into town and showing you a piece of your kingdom." The king said with a smile.

"Is Theo coming with us?" Riley questioned his heart filling with hope.

"Yes, I guess he can come." John said not allowing Riley to see his smile falter.

A smile formed on Riley's face as he scrambled off the bed to get dressed. The king watched his son dart into the bathroom and dress his frown finally allowing itself to show. John told himself that he had to give the boy time, that he only trusted the rogue right now.

The kings attention turned to the bathroom as he heard it open, seeing his son dressed a small smile on his face.

"Let's go tell the rogue." John said in disgust, his lip curling slightly.

"Father, please don't fight with Theo. He doesn't want any problems. He's helped me a lot and I owe my life to him." Riley said softly, his teeth tugging on his bottom lip.

"I promise I won't fight with the rogue." The kings smiled, his fingers crossed behind his back.

"Theo, his name is Theo Father." Riley said softly as he headed to the door.

Riley opened the door and was greeted with Theo standing in the hall, he had to stop himself from running to the rouge and hugging him tightly. Theo only smiled at Riley, his body itching to pull the boy closer.

"Your majesty, the carriage is waiting." A guard said, his eyes on the king.

John only nodded and motioned for the two to follow him. Riley limped along the wah standing beside Theo and bitfing his lip to keep his smile hidden.

Slolwy the day ticked by and the king showed his son the village, Theo trailed behind him and watched the two interact. Riley seemed reluctant to be near the man but the king on the other hand only smiled and pointed out things to the omega.

Every now and then Theo would catch Riley glancing back at him, tempting the man as he bit his lip. Theo only smiled back his eyes full of love.

"Tomorrow we'll announce the Prince has returned, and allow the village to see their new king."John said a smile on his face.