Chapter Twenty Six

Riley sat on his bed, the shirt Theo gave him days ago was pressed to his nose. The rogues scent still drenched the shirt and the omega was trying to savor it before it disappeared.

"I love you Theo." He whimpered taking in the mans scent, imagining he was there with him.

He imagined the man was hold him to his chest, the rogues thick fingers running through his white locks as he told him everything was going to be okay in his soft velvet voice. Riley inhaled Theo's scent once more, an image of the man flashing through his mind.

The knock on the door gained Riley's attention, slowly the door opened to reveal his father with a soft smile on his face.

"Come, I have a surprise for you." John said motioning his son to follow him.

Riley quietly slipped off the bed and walked towards his father, excitement rushing through him as the thought of Theo being his surprise crossed his mind. His excitement quickly diminished when the king lead them to the dining room.

Flint stood by the table as his troop guarded the room. Riley's eyes connected with Flints green ones, the omegas face twisting in confusion as he saw the sorrow filled look on the guards face.

"Open this." John smiled handing his son a white box.

Riley glanced towards Flint and saw the man shake his head before turning away. Confusion riddled Riley only making him even more curious of the continents in the box.

Taking the box in his hands the omega placed it on the table and lifted the lid. Riley's eyes went wide, a scream bubbling from his throat as he saw Theo's severed arm in the box. The omegas world came crumbling down around him as he saw the familiar burn mark he'd traced thousands of times, the burn mark that belonged to his mate.

"The rogue is dead Riley." John whispered in his sons ear standing behind him and holding him still.

"No." Riley said in disbelief, his eyes swelling with tears.

"Yes Riley, we chopped him up into pieces and scattered him throughout the woods were he belongs." John spat.

Riley stubbled backwards away from his father, away from the box. He clutched the area above his heart as his chest constricted in pain. Images of Theo smiling flashed before his eyes.

"Riley?" John asked gaining his sons attention.

"I-its my fault." Riley said tears coming to his eyes. "H-he's dead because of me." He said just before a sob ripped through him.

Flint winced as he turned away, squeezing his eyes shut as the omegas heart broken sobs reached his ears. He could hear the thud of Riley dropping to his knees and screaming out in pain as he felt like his heart was being ripped from his chest.

"I killed my mate! H-hes dead because of me!" Riley cried out, running his fingers through his hair and tugging harshly at his white locks.

The guards that surrounded the room winced, they could hear the boys heart breaking in his sobs. The king stared at his son watching the boy break down on the dining room floor.

"Its okay son. You can make it through this. I did, so I know you can." John said crouching down next to his son and reaching out to touch his white locks.

"No." Riley said cowering away from him." D-dont touch me." He whispered in a sob.

John was taken back by Riley's actions but complied and stood to his full height.

"Leave us." He commanded waving off Flint's troop.

"Come here, Riley. Its okay." Flint cooed and scooped the omega into his arms.

"I-its my fault!" Riley wailed miserably in to Flints nape as the man picked him up.

"No Riley don't blame this on your self." Flint said glaring at the king before continuing to walk to the Prince's room.

"I-i told him t-that h-he would die because of me a-and now h-he-" Riley cut his sentence off with a sob, his whole body shaking in Flint's arms.

"Shh, quite now. Its okay. Its okay to be okay." Flint cooed.

"N-no its not. T-theo saved me, h-he didn't give up on me e-even when I tried to leave him." Riley cried.

Flint could see this boy was broken and that no matter how hard he tried he could never glue the pieces back together.

******

Flint sighed as he closed Riley's bedroom door, the boy had completely shut down. His face was void of any emotion and all he did was laid there. If the kings motive was to turn his son into a mindless robot he'd succeeded.

Flint stormed down to the kings study, anger surging through him.

"Flint, is Riley asleep?" The king asked.

"Yes, he is you heartless bastard." Flint snapped.

"How dare y-"

"No you're going to sit and listen to what I have to say." Flint seethed seethed." I understand you lost your mate, you went through the pain and nearly died yourself, but that boy in there," Flint said pointing in the direction Riley's bedroom was." he will die. He's had a much harsher life than you and that man you killed saved him, loved him when nobody else did. It hasn't even been twenty four hours since you told him and he's already done what you did in your first month of losing the queen. He's shut down, he won't even shed a tear anymore. He doesn't feel anything. You were already going to lose the bond with your son, but now your going to lose him entirely." Flint finished before he stormed out of the room.

John sat there giving Flint's words time to sink in.