Chapter Thirty Seven

Theo watched Riley sleep, his small body was curled into a tight ball as pillows surrounded his small form. Gently Theo leaned down and pressed his lips to Riley's forehead, the boy whimpering and moving closer to the man while he slept. The rogue wore a frown as he looked at Riley's bruised face, his cheek was a deep purple, his lip was busted, and his left eye was swollen shut. The boy and a small concussion and stitches from the rogue forcing him into intercourse.

He had a few fractured ribs and his stomach was covered in huge purple and blue bruises. Theo ran his fingers through the boys locks, his heart aching at the sight of his injured mate.
"Theo! No! Please! Theo help me! Theo!" The omega cried, stirring in his sleep.

"Wake up Riley, I'm right here. I'm here. Wake up my little omega, open you're eyes for me." Theo cooed rubbing the boys arm.

Whimpering Riley opened the eye that wasn't swollen shut, tears building as he saw Theo.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ran. I'm sorry." Riley whimpered wrapping his arms around the mans neck.

"No,no this isn't your fault, please don't cry. I should've gotten there sooner, I tried. I tried to find you before anything bad happened but I failed. I'm sorry." Theo said kissing the back of the boys hand.

"Its not your fault either my king. Its Johns fault. Neither of you should blame yourselves." Flint said sternly to the two, making Riley jump in surprise to hear his voice.

" I didn't mean to startle you, you left the door open and I over heard. John is responsible for this whole mess. He made Riley run. Don't let that vile excuse of a lycan get to you." Flint said sternly.

"Thank you for your words Flint. Can you leave us, please? I want to make sure Riley is alright." Theo said in a soft voice.

"Of course my king. Flint said starting to close the door.

"Call me Theo Flint, you are much more than a guard to us. You are family." Theo said with a smile.

"Y-yes, m- Theo." Flint stuttered a smile forming on his lips as he left the room and shut the door behind him.

Theo sighed as he looked towards Riley, a pained look in his eyes.

"I'm a terrible mate, I've let you get hurt so many times." Theo frowned.

"No, Theo I couldn't ask for a better mate, I love you." Riley whimpered.

"And I love you." The man responded in a soft voice.

Riley sat up, a whimper of pain alerting Theo.

"Easy, lay back down. The healer recommended you do little to no moving at all, your ribs are fractured and you have stitches." Theo said helping Riley lay back down gently.

"Kiss me, please." Riley whimpered softly.

Smiling softly Theo leaned in and pressed their lips together. The omega laced his fingers in the mans hair and pulled his face closer. Theo pulled away, their foreheads still touching as they started into each others eyes.

******

Flint stood in front of John who was chained to the floor of the cell, much like he had done to Theo.

"You called yourself a king." Flint spat." You cared about no one but yourself, Elizabeth would've been disappointed. She would've been ashamed to have a man like you as her mate. Riley deserved a much better father than you. Do you know what happened to him yesterday after he ran? He was raped, again and you promised you would never let another lycan touch him like that, but you did. Now he's laying in his bed, stitched up and bruised because you made him feel worthless." Flint yelled in anger slamming his foot into John's sides.

"Stop this!" John cried out.

"Youre lucky Theo hasn't ordered me to kill you." Flint spat." Not yet anyway."

"Flint please!" John begged as the guard slammed his fist onto the mans face." Have mercy!"

"Don't you dare plead for mercy, you gave Theo none nor did you give Riley any. Theo is the real one you should be pleading to, he will do much more than I am." Flint said grabbing the mans head and slamming it against his knee, breaking Johns nose.

"Flint," Theo said, stepping into the room." Let me have some fun." The rogue chuckled.

"How's Riley?" Flint asked.

"Asleep, the healer gave him pain medication that will make him sleep for a while so I though I could come visit." Theo said with a evil smile."You're luck you know, im allowing you to live. I'm only letting you live because Riley begged me not to kill you. He's too innocent for his own good, even after all youve done to him he can't allow me or anyone else to kill you. He told me to let you rot and that's what I'm going to do, with a few exceptions of course." He chuckled before slamming his fists into Johns face.