Chapter Twenty Eight

**WARNING MENTIONS OF SELF HARM**

Riley sat at the dining room table, pushing food around on the plate with his fork as John sat in front of  him. A woman around Riley's age, dressed in a silk dress and her blond hair curled to frame her heart shaped face, sat in the middle of her father and the king. Riley's face held no emotion, his eyes dull and unfocused, his hunger had vanished and he couldn't find it in himself to eat.

"So Riley what do you think of Serra?" The king asked, as he took a sip of his water. 

The omegas eyes rolled over to the woman who gave him a bright smile, He shrugged making the woman's smile falter. 

"Riley, enough of this. You need to find your Queen. Serra is a lovely girl." John said softly.

"She is a lovely girl," Riley said with a pulse." But she's not my mate. And you sir." Riley said pointing to the woman's father." should be ashamed of yourself. You marry off your daughter to gain profit, instead of letting her find her mate and be happy with him or her. You, father, you are no better. You, You ki-" he paused to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat." You killed my mate because it was a man instead of a woman. You just care about the throne, you don't care about me. Theo was the only one that cared of I lived or not. He didn't care that I was tainted, he didn't care about how my body looked, all he cared about was me being happy, healthy, and safe." Riley said, a tear slipping out of his eye. 

"Enough! You are a prince, you need to act like one!" John said slamming his hand down on the table. 

"My social status means nothing to me. This," he said taking off the golden crown that rested on his head. " means nothing to me!" the omega yelled with a sob leaving his lips before he ran out of the room. 

"I got through losing your mother! You can get through losing that rogue and marrying a woman that can give you a heir to the throne!" John said. 

"Your majesty, the prince is right. My daughter's happiness means everything to me she should marry the one she's meant to be with,  you should feel the same about your son." Serras' father said standing up and taking his daughter's hand in his and leading her out of the castle. 

John yelled in frustration and slammed his hand down on the table, the wood splintering and cracking under his hand. 

******  

A sob left Riley's lips as he walked towards his room,  tears tumbling down his cheeks as he remembered every moment he spent with Theo. Every time the man's laugh rang through his head, his chest constricted in pain another sob ripping through him. 

"It's my fault." Riley chanted, running his nails up and down his arm as he made to his room.

He slammed the door behind him as he walked into his room, he ran his nails down his neck, blood oozing to the surface of his pale skin. 

"Riley stop!" Flint yelled as he saw Riley pacing the room, digging his nails into his flesh.

The guard ran to the omega and grabbed, wrapping his arm around the boy and restricting him from causing anymore harm to himself. 

"Let go! It's my fault! He's dead because of me!" Riley screamed as he thrashed wildly in the man's arms.

Flint only carried the boy to his bed and cooed him as he sat down and held the sobbing boy close. 

"It's my fault. Theo, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Riley sobbed clutching Flints shirt as he muffled his cries with the man's chest. 

Flint felt as if Riley was crumbling to dust and the remains were slipping through his fingers. Every cry that left Riley's made the guard wince, could could hear the omegas heart crumbling away in every sound he made. 

"I-it hurts so much, Flint. I-I just want it to stop." RIley whimpered, yet Flint's eyes were focused on the king that stood in the doorway, watching him hold his broken son. 

"I know it hurts Riley, I know." Flint said gently rocking the boy as he glared at John.

Once the omegas breathing evened out Flint laid the boy in his bed and began nursing the wounds Riley had given himself. Once he finished he stepped out of the room. 

"You did that to him, you've lost all chances of ever having a relationship with him. You told me that the queen said to take care of Riley. This," Flint said motioning towards Riley's bedroom." This isn't caring for him. This is torturing him." Flint said before leaving john who stood looking at Rileys door.