Chapter Ten

*Warning: mentions of rape. * {This chapter is longer than the others!! sorry for the wait.}

Theo stood at the mouth of the cave dressed in a black sweater and baggy pants, a satchel hanging off his shoulder. His arms were wrapped around Riley's waist, his lips pressed to the forehead covered by white locks. Riley's small hands clutched the back of Theo's sweater, his face buried in the fabric that covered the man's chest.

"Be safe." Riley whimpered softly inhaling more of Theo's scent.

"I'll be fine, I've done this more than once." Theo said giving Riley a gentle squeeze.

"I wish you'd let me go with you." Riley mumbled, his voice muffled by the fabric of Theo's sweater.

"I know, but I also know your ankle is still giving you trouble and its been three days since we took the cast off." Theo said cupping Riley's face in his hands.

Riley's face shot up in flames of embarrassment, he turned his head away from Theo's soft eyes and dropped his arms from around the man's waist.

"Hey, look at me." Theo's said gently cupping the boys flushed cheek." I just want you to be safe. I would do anything to protect you but if there's more wolves than I can handle I would want you to be able to run without any trouble." Theo said pecking Riley's lips.

"Promise me you'll come back." Riley whimpered.

"I promise." Theo responded and pressed his lips to Riley's.

Theo pulled back and gave Riley a soft smile before he walked out of the cave. Riley could only frown as he watched Theo vanish into the depths of the forest, already longing for him to be back home where they were safe.

It was dangerous for Theo to go into the village, due to the fact he was a rogue but he wanted to make sure that their supplies were stocked especially since it was starting to get colder. Theo wanted to make sure that Riley had enough clothes that could keep his small body warm on days he was out hunting for food, like it has been for the last two weeks Riley's needs were coming first before anything.

As soon as Theo stepped foot into the village he was ready to grab what he needed and run. Theo never liked to steal things but its what needed to be done.

******

The hours ticked by and Riley began to grow nervous, he started over thinking the possibilities if what could happen to Theo. His mind was racing with images if Theo getting torn apart by angry lycans for stepping foot into the village.

He paced the floor, limping as whimpers bubbled out of his throat. He was to distracted by the thought of Theo being hurt to smell the scent of an upcoming thunderstorm, something that would only make Riley feel worse.

The thunder growled out its presence making Riley freeze on the spot. His eyes were wide and his breathing hitched with fear. With every flash of lighting Riley's mind began to replay on of his most horrific nights in his old pack.

The roar of thunder caused Riley to scream as it reminded him of the vicious growls that filled his ears the night he was robbed from the one thing that mattered most to him while he struggled to survive in the place he was forced to call home.

His innocence.

******

Theo walked through the mouth of the cave, his clothes soaked from the rain that poured down outside. He had a smile on his lips as the satchel full off supplies that would last them months smacked against his leg.