Chapter Four

The rogue sat on the ground next to the omega, his body hunched forward and his eyebrows furrowed together as he cleaned the boys bleeding wounds.

His black hair hung in front of his eyes, begging for a desperately needed hair cut. Despite the well defined muscles on his body his touch was soft as if he was afraid he would break the boy. His steel colored eyes flickered from the dark red wounds to Riley's angelic features ever so often, a smile coming to his lips every time their eyes connected and caused a pink blush to form on the omegas cheeks.

"Can I have the pleasure of knowing my little omegas name?" The rogue asked carefully, his eyes flickering up to the boys face.

"R-riley." The omega stuttered nervously a pink blush rising to his cheeks.

"Riley." The rogue tested, the name rolling smoothly off his tongue causing Riley to shudder involuntarily." Its nice to meet you little Riley, I'm Theo." The rogue said softly.

The gentleness in Theos' voice made Riley feel guilty for even thinking about leaving, yet he knew it was for the best. The man looked like a brute but he was a big softy and that simple fact was hurting Riley. He didn't know how Theo would react once he left. He didn't want to think of tears slipping down the mans handsome face.

As Riley continued to think Theo leaned down and pressed his lips to the mark of that declared him an omega.

"I swear I will never hurt you like they did, I will never force you to do anything. I promise to always protect you." Theo said softly before standing and storing away the scraps of cloth.

The words tugged at Riley's heart strings, tears building up in his eyes. Mentally he cursed Theo for making this harder than it needed to be.

"Riley? Are you OK? Do your wounds hurt?" Theo asked worriedly as he saw the omegas shoulder shaking as small sobs reached his ears.

The more Theo seemed to speak the harder Riley began to cry. Theo couldn't stand seeing his little omega cry so he scooped him up, cradling the boy close.

"Its OK my little omega, I've got you." Theo cooed running his thick fingers through Riley's white locks.

Riley's head laid on Theos' broad shoulders, his face turned to Theos' nape. He sat in the man's lap, his skinny legs wrapped around the man's waist. Tears slipped down Riley's pale cheeks and landed on Theos' nape, his small hands wrapped around Theo's chest clutching on to him for dear life.

"I've got you little omega I won't let anyone hurt you." Theo whispered softly into Riley's white hair.

Eventually Riley cried himself to sleep and Theo just held him close, taking in his succulent scent. Theo thought of how lucky he was to have an angel like Riley as his mate, to Theo Riley was breathtakingly beautiful. His halo was his white hair and although his wings had been taken from him they were still there.

******

Riley woke up hours later, an arm was carefully wrapped around his waist keeping him warm. He could feel Theo's warm breath on the back of his neck, and it made him shudder with pleasure. He wanted to stay were he was and relish in the warmth of his mate, but he knew now was a good time to free his mate of his doom.

Riley quietly slipped out from underneath the pelt, slowly removing Theos' arm. He walked over to the pile of clothes he'd seen earlier and slipped on a long sleeved brown sweater, he played with the hem nervously as guilt began to eat at him. Slowly he walked back to Theo and leaned down, he brushed his lips against the mans tan cheek and moved the small black hairs out of his face.

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you." Riley whispered softly before standing up and walking to the mouth of the cave.

He looked back and skimmed his eyes over Theo once more before starting his journey. He may not have known the man for long, but he had a special place in his heart for him. Nobody and been as kind to him as Theo had been, and the fact that Theo was his mate his heart throb in pain as he walked further away. He knew this wasn't going to only affect him but it would also affect Theo.

"Its for the best. He shouldn't be killed because if me." Riley told himself as he walked deeper into the woods, leaves crunching under his weight.