Chapter Twenty Nine

Weeks seemed to pass and Riley was becoming more and more of a ghost. His cheeks and eyes were sunken in, his ribs began to show once more, and the bones in his arms and legs were starting to show from his lack of eating. His clothes seemed to become baggy on him from the weight he's lost.His eyes had become a dull blue and his hair didn't seem to shine as bright as it did before. Flint had tried to get him to eat, telling him Theo wouldn't have wanted this, but Riley brushed him off.

The omega just stayed in his room, laying under the silk blankets and Theo's now scentless shirt laying next to him. His father would visit him and make him get dressed to see some women that were fit to be his queen, yet when they met he just sat, unmoving and emotionless.

Riley just wished that this pain he felt would end.

******

Flint watched Riley press his nose the the rogues shirt and take in a deep breath, desperately trying to pick up the mans scent. He could hear him whimper in disappointment as he clutched the shirt to his chest, his bottom lip wobbling.

"I'm sorry, so sorry. I love you. I-i love you so much." Riley whimpered, gently rocking back and forth.

"Ive found him a queen, he doesn't have the choice of picking anymore." Johns voice erupted from behind Flint.

"No." Flint said turning around to face the man as he crossed his arms over his chest." Leave him alone John. Your making it worse. Soon you won't even have a prince to marry off to someone. Look at him." Flint said harshly.

"I-"

"No, don't speak look at him. What do you see? Do you see happiness? No those dull eyes as etched with pain. Do you see a health nineteen year old boy? No, his clothes slip off his shoulders, his ribs are showing, his arms and legs are nothing but bone. Does this boy look like he cares if he lives or dies at this point?" Flint asked. "Your son is dying, John. He's not eating, he doesn't do anything but lay there. All he feels is pain. He doesn't care about what you want, he doesn't care if you hate him or not at this point. The only thing on his mind is that rogue and how he thinks its his fault for him dying.  Theo, saved him from a rogue, took him in and cared for him. When Riley ran because he thought that Theo should live and not be killed because they were mates the man went after him. It was then Theo saved him again from a rogue that had him pinned down while his ankle was being crushed by a bear trap. That man didn't care that Riley had been unfaithful, he didn't care about the scares that decorate his body. All that man cared about was Riley. You took that boys worst nightmare and made it real." Flint said, his blood beginning to boil with anger.

John stared at his son and it was then he could see what everyone else saw, the broken boy who's pain shone bright in everything he did.

"J-john. Get Riley ba-back and take care of him." The queen sputtered as john gripped her hand."i-i love you." She whimpered.

The strength in John's legs weakened making him stumble before he gripped the doorframe to support himself.

"Oh goddess." John whispered and slid down the wall, his eyes in shock and horror." What have I done?" John asked with a hand covering his mouth,

" You've lost your son and this time you won't be able to get him back." Flint spat down to the poor excuse of a king before walking into Riley's room and shutting the door.  

Riley only glanced towards Flint, his eyes dead looking. 

"Riley, you need to eat. Your gonna get sick if you stay like this." Flint pleaded sitting on the bed next to the boy. 

"I'm not hungry." he deadpanned, laying down on the bed. 

"Riley, you have to be hungry. Every time we've fixed you something to eat you took one bite and said you were done. That's not healthy, I care if you live or die or not. I don't care if you're going to be king, I want to help you. " Flint begged. 

" Why do you care about some silly omega like me? You shouldn't feel bad for me or even try to help me. Im worthless." Riley said pulling the silk sheets closer to him." You really shouldn't care if i live or die, I'm just a slave." He said before pulling Theo's scentless shirt closer to him, clutching it tight in his small fist.