Chapter 2

Nani’s POV:

                I glanced over at the clock and my eyes widened with surprise. I have been singing for over an hour and I didn’t even notice! Kate will be here soon to pick me up to go clubbing so I quickly stood up from my bed and walked over to my closet. I skimmed my eyes over the pieces of fabric occasionally thumbing an outfit out of the way.

                Suddenly a dress caught my eye and I pulled it out with a wide smile. It was perfect for clubbing. I gently slid the black dress up my body and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. It gripped my curves perfectly. It was a black dress with a cutout of a skull on my back showing some skin on my shoulder blades. I pulled on some black heels and finished getting ready.

                I looked into the mirror one last time for approval and smiled at my reflection. I was satisfied with my looks and I was making good time because right then, the doorbell rang. I chuckled at the perfect timing and walked to the door and opened it to a gorgeous looking Kate.

“Oh my gosh you look awesome!” I said with a wide smile as I looked over her dress.

                She was wearing a purple dress with a space theme to it. She had her hair up in a messy bun and was wearing gorgeous makeup that perfectly complimented her outfit. Her shoes made her a few inches taller to where she was now the same height as me.  She smiled as I complimented her.

“Thanks Nani! You look pretty sexy yourself. Maybe you will get a hook up tonight after all.” She said with a playfully wink. “But,” she continued “If we don’t get going soon we will miss all of the cute guys and we will be stuck with the 80 year old men:.”

 I rolled my eyes and laughed at her. She was always trying to get me to hook up with someone when we went clubbing. She says it adds to the clubbing experience but I was never that type of girl. I hardly ever go clubbing anyways much less hook up with random strangers in a back room filled with sweat and tears.

We both walked over and got into her car and blasted music as we drove down the street. We laughed as we got in the spirit to party. We shouted at the top of our lungs and drove like maniacs. I am surprised no one called the cops on us. I was happy to let loose and feel free though.

As we approached the club I took a deep breath. Kate grabbed my hand and dragged me inside “Let’s go!” She said with a laugh. I chuckled and took a step through the door and took in my surroundings.

The bass was heavy as I felt the beat of the music rise into my chest beating loudly. The dance floor swayed with half drunken bodies grinding upon each other, releasing their WHOREmones. I chuckled as one busty blonde spilled her drink on her male partner and him not even noticing because of the two large distractions plastered to her chest by fake surgeries.

A strobe light glistened off of the dance floor and it took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the overall darkness. Neon lights illuminated the bar giving it a soft glow. Now I was craving a drink.  

Kate gave me a look to say as if she understood what I was thinking and we made our way over to the bar together. It’s been forever since I have had a drink. I didn’t want to get reeling drunk though. I was good about staying sober enough to at least drive home. Kate smiled as she sat down and ordered us some drinks.

Well, time to party.