Chapter 21

Nani’s POV:

                I took a deep shaky breath and I had stopped crying. Thoughts raced through my mind at a hundred miles per second and I turned the page once more to the last page with writing on it. It also had a dry blood splatter in the middle of it, making some parts hard to read.

Page 8: Dear Journal,

                Wow, it’s been a while since I last wrote. Since then I have become the biggest hitman that is greatly known around the circles of gangs. Gang members fear me and drug dealer’s knees’ shake at the sound of my name. I should be happy about this I guess but I wasn’t.

                Right now I am sitting in the bathroom of my house with a girl I kidnapped in the other room. Her name is Nani and she is beautiful. I’m trying not to get attached to her though. Her ex-boyfriend, I’m assuming, hired me to kidnap her and didn’t supply a reason but I didn’t care. A job was a job.

                I burnt my hand on the stove earlier and it gave me an idea to use the water in the shower to burn my skin by putting it on the highest heat it could go and staying under it for a while. I wish I could try it right now so badly but I don’t have time so I’m sitting here with a knife ready to do a simple cut which will have to work for now.

                Anticipation is killing me though. I would already be done by now but that girl Nani just did something really weird with her voice. She sounded like her voice was making music but without any instruments. I screamed at her and interrogated her on what she was doing and she called it singing. It was actually a little bit relaxing but I have never heard of it and so it’s probably something she is just doing to mess with my head.

                Earlier when I burnt my hand she acted as if she cared by running downstairs frantically and asking if she could help me but I have come to the conclusion that she was probably just going to hurt me more so I yanked away from her and slapped her. I mean come on, who in their right mind cares about their kidnapper? No one at all.

                Alright I have wasted enough time in this damn bathroom, time to do what I came here for.

-End of Page 8-

                I can’t believe he thinks I just want to hurt him. I sniffed and realized I was crying again. This man has been hurt more than anyone I can ever imagine and I can understand why his trust was so far gone. Who knows what has happened to him that he HASN’T written down.

                I stood up and walked back over to his dresser as I slowly put the journal back in and locked it back up. My tears fell silently but they were still coming. I was no longer afraid of Niall at all. I walked over to the bed and sat down ready to sob my eyes out when suddenly a loud thud fell in the bathtub.

                I looked over and saw steam pouring out from under the door and Niall groaned. Sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks as words from his journal replayed in my head. He had burnt himself in the shower. And then I realized just how strong his pain tolerance must be to stay under the hot water THAT long.

                I sprung to my feet and ran to the bathroom door and was about to begin frantically screaming for him to get out before he killed himself but before I got the chance I heard him turn the faucet off. I panted softly and my heart was racing as I placed both of my hands on the door, listening for the slightest sound.

And for the longest time, no sound ever came.