Chapter 49

Nani's POV:

I laid on the couch in the dark, my chest rising and falling absentmindedly as I stared at the ceiling. If the lights were turned on, you would see a girl with tear stains on her cheeks and eyes as puffy as clouds. I retraced every single moment of the last few days, my mind desperately searching to find a reason to hate him. However, I just couldn't wrap my arm around a good enough reason. My love for Niall was too present.

As I let my mind race with memories, I analyze everything I ever said or did that was wrong. Maybe if I was better he would still be here. But I knew that wasn't true deep down because I knew that he had allowed himself to finally love someone and that someone was me. No matter how much I wanted to blame myself, I couldn't do that either. All of this was the result of not understanding each other. I didn't understand the I intensity of his love and he didn't understand mine. All I could do was blame myself for falling in love.

I didn't regret it though, falling in love and all. I didn't know how I felt. I laid there on the couch and sniffed softly, desperately praying you would come back through the door. My stomach knotted and twisted into knots with each passing hour you were gone. I craved the warmth if your arms around me. I felt the tears sting my eyes once again for the hundredth time tonight.

I laid there motionless in a pair of jean shorts and a plain white v-neck T-shirt. I curled so my knees pressed tightly to my chest. I closed my eyes and let the tears stream gently down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and thought of memories of Niall and I in the last few days. I thought of all the times he made me smile, all of the times he made me feel like a princess. He kissed my scars fearlessly, he complimented me when I felt the opposite, he was brave and loving and he didn't even know it. I wanted to tell him that. It's funny how when someone is gone, you remember all the things that you want to tell them. Small or not, you desperately want to unravel your mind to them.

My thoughts were interrupted and ripped away from me though a the shrill telephone rang throughout the house. I froze and let out a soft gasp on the first ring, nearly jumping out of my skin. Who would be calling Niall's house? He lives in seclusion for a reason. I highly doubted he just gave out his number to random people. Unless it was my ex...

I felt the anger build up in me as I sat up on the couch. This was all his fault. if he would have just left me alone then me and Niall wouldn't have fallen in love and I wouldn't have quite possibly pushed him over the edge. The phone rang once more and I stood up, storming up to the phone and ripping it away from the receiver.

"You son of a bitch!" I screamed into the phone. I could tell my face was red with anger and a few tears strode down my cheeks. "This is all your fucking fault! I fell in love with the guy you sent to kidnap me, how does THAT make you feel?! God I hate you Jake!" I fumed loudly.

There was silence for a moment before a soft Irish accent chuckled through the phone. "I love you too princess, I'm coming home." Niall said softly into the phone.

I froze and let out a shaky breath. "N-Niall?" I whisper breathlessly in shock. A smile crept onto my face as I realized he was coming home.

"Yeah it's me love. I'm sorry I ran out, I was wrong to do that. Do you um... Do you think you can forgive me?" He says softly. I could tell he was embarrassed or nervous, maybe even both and it made me smile wider.

"Of course I can. I'm sorry too, when will you be home?" I ask sweetly and was getting excited as the butterflies came back even at his voice.

He chuckles softly, must have heard my excitement. "Soon baby girl, I'm turning onto the dirt road." He says softly.

I was about to say something when suddenly I heard his truck tires screech. He let out a grunt and I could hear the phone fall to the floor. Suddenly a loud crash filled my ear and I jumped, wide eyed in horror at what I was hearing. My fingers shook as I gripped the phone tightly to my ear. I could faintly hear him groaning and coughing.

"Niall!!" I shout into the phone, desperately waiting for a response. When nothing came I frantically ran to the front door and swing it open. There, at the end of our road, was his truck, crashed and crumpled into a telephone line. My stomach dropped and I felt my fingers relax as the telephone fell to the floor. My skin was pale and my body trembled as a lump in my throat formed, holding back tears.

I felt my feet running but It felt like it was all slow motion now. I ran but it felt like hours. I slowly reached his car and I felt like y heart stopped altogether as I searched for a sign of Niall's body. "Niall!" I scream, horrified. There was a fire starting and I knew it would hit the gas tank soon and cause an explosion. I ran around the car to the drivers side and coughed on the smoke filling my lungs. I called his name again and waited. I could barely see inside of the car, as it filled with smoke. Suddenly Niall's frantic voice filled the surrounding air and I felt myself choke on that now.

"Nani!"