Chapter 11

Nani’s POV:

                “What?” I asked breathlessly as I looked into his eyes. I wanted to make sure I heard right but when he didn’t answer I knew that was proof enough. He actually said he was sorry to me. He kidnaps me and he slaps me and then he says he is sorry but sorry for what?

                His eyes trailed back down and stared at the carpet which now had a small puddle of blood. Where was he bleeding from? I slowly kept a hold of his hand and slid my other hand under the end of his long sleeve shirt and slowly pulled the sleeve up. I bit my lip nervously as he winced. Then I saw the small gash on his upper arm.

                My eyes widened as I realized what he had done. The knife, the distant look in his eyes, and the yelling out in frustration; He had self-harmed. Memories of my past flooded back to me and I felt a little dizzy but forced myself to push those memories back. I had to focus on Niall. My astonishment got the better of me though in the end.

                “Y-You….W-Why did you cut yourself?” I asked him as I examined the gash.  He just shrugged lightly and then went to full on innocence mode. He just stared at me slightly and my eyes met him. I sighed and let go of his hand and pushed him back onto the bed. He obeyed and I went and got some gauze from the bathroom. Should I run now…? No, I couldn’t leave him here to bleed out knowing he wouldn’t mend himself.

                I sighed to myself quietly. Sometimes I think I was too nice. I walked over to Niall who sat right where I left him, staring at the ground like it is the most interesting thing in the world. I walked over to him and slowly crouched down as I ran the gauzes up and over his arm tightly, cutting off the bleeding. He just sat there, unmoving and I gently grabbed his hand again and gave it a small squeeze to let him know I was done.

                To my surprise he didn’t let me go when I pulled my hand away which frightened me slightly. His eyes were sad and slightly glossy but no tears ever came. I didn’t expect them to. Instead he slowly pulled me up and a tossed me gently onto the bed beside him. I sat there and crossed my legs watching him curiously. He grasped my wrists firmly and ran his thumb over my knuckles.

                The air around us was still as neither one of us said a word. The surrounding air turned into a hollow emptiness consumed by both of our thoughts. Oh what I wouldn’t give to be inside his mind right now. I held my breath, scared to breath, scared to make the slightest sound. I didn’t want to knock him out of this state for fear he might snap back and hit me again. I guess in a way I was scared of him but I wouldn’t admit it to him. I’m not giving him the satisfaction.

                He looked over at me slowly and I just looked at him unsure of what he was going to do next. He slowly stood up and dropped my hand, letting it fall onto my lap limply. He let out a small shaky breath and ran his hand across the bandage on his arm. What was going through that complicated mind of his?

                He walked over the door and then looked back at me. “Goodnight Nani…” he said quietly as he exited the door, closing it softly with a bare click. His actions have confused me once again for the millionth time in less than 24 hours.

                I lay on my back and closed my eyes. Just under 36 hours ago I was laughing with Kate, driving down the street feeling free, celebrating my record deal. Now I was locked in a house with a man who kidnapped me, slapped me, and then made me pity him who for some reason made me hate him more right now. I didn’t hate him because he cut, I hate him because his actions confused the hell out of me. I rolled over and buried my face into the pillow.

Maybe when I wake up this nightmare will be over…

A/N: Yes yes it is a short chapter I know and Im sorry but I didnt want to add too much and have it be boring. So deal with it please. I will try to make chapters a little more longer but just be patient with me. All in good time :3