Chapter 6

Niall’s POV:

                Well, kidnapping Nani went smoothly just as I had planned. However, I let myself get caught up in the moment now causing her to have a dark love bite planted on her neck, which was not part of the plan. I don’t care though; it felt good to give her a mark that says she is mine for now.

                She was definitely frightened by me, which was a good thing. The more they hate you the easier it is to get rid of them when it’s all over.

                I flicked my pocket knife out and twirled the sharp tip on my index finger as I stared blankly at it. I should go give Nani some food considering I doubt she is going to come down. It’s probably best that she didn’t come down anyways. I didn't want her snooping around and asking questions that I wasn't ready to answer.

                I let Nani sleep in my room last night. It has a bathroom in it and a bed so she would be fine there for a few days with the exception of food, which I would bring to her. I stood up and walked to the small kitchen and looked around. Almost everything in this house was black and white. The kitchen was almost entirely white except the black fridge and cabinets.

                I skimmed the fridge and finally found some leftover pasta that would have to work. I began heating it up on the stove but like the idiot I am, I set my hand down on the scalding stove. “FUCK!” I screamed in pain and yanked my hand away, pulling it close to my chest to cradle it, groaning in agony at the burnt flesh.

“What happened?” Nani called as she ran down the stairs with wide eyes focused on me. Hm, I must have forgotten to lock her door earlier.

                She had changed into a pain of my basketball shorts and a white t-shirt that I had given her earlier. She ran over to my side and I realized then that I had fallen to my knees. My chest rose and fell with a shaky breath as I recovered a bit from the burn.

                I watched her curiously as she reached out to grab my burnt hand but I immediately pulled back by reflex. What the hell did she think she was doing? I just fucking kidnapped her, she should be happy I got hurt.

“Just let me see it, I can help you.” She said as she attempted to look into my eyes. I refused to look at her though knowing I was unable to hide my bewilderment at her behavior.

                A short raspy laugh escaped my throat and I shook my head at the floor. If she didn’t hate me now then she will later. I chuckled darkly as I stood up and slapped her with my good hand. She fell back and looked at me with wide frightened eyes. “Fuck off I don’t need your charity!” I yelled, my voice echoing through the hollow empty house.

I calmed down from the burn now enjoying the small tingles of pain that shot through my fingertips. I stood there, towering over Nani who shook slightly as she clutched her cheek that had a nice red hand print forming. “Get out of the kitchen and your breakfast will be ready soon.” She hesitated a moment as tears threatened her eyes. “GO!” I shouted, now getting angry.

                She scrambled to her feet and ran up to the room as fast as she could, almost tripping up the stairs. I stood their firmly with a glare on my face. Maybe she was trying to grab my hand so she could hurt it worse so I wouldn’t be able to catch her if she tried to run. That had to be it because no other explanation came to my mind. No one had THAT big of a heart.

                I examined my blistered hand and sighed as I wrapped small gauze over it. The smell of pasta wafted the air around me and I turned off the heat. I had a blank expression on my face as I piled some onto a plate and grabbed a fork for her. 

All I could think about is the burn… and how it felt good to hurt myself in a new way.