Chapter 5

Nani’s POV:

                Everything hurt so badly. My legs and arms were numb, my head was pounding, and my heart was racing from the memories of last night as they flashed through my mind similar to the strobe light at the club. I was scared to open my eyes but I had to know if it was just a nightmare or if my memories were true.

                I slowly forced myself to pry open my eyes slowly and I groaned softly. My vision was blurred for a few moments but then came back into focus. I looked around the room sleepily and my breathing came in short shaky breaths. This wasn’t my house….

                Sudden realization crashed onto me like a semi-truck hitting my body repeatedly. The nightmare was true. Someone had stuck something in my neck to make me pass out and had dragged my limp body back to his house. Who knows what he has done to me in my sleep! A wave of nausea crashed over me and I instantly shut my eyes tightly.

                I tried to calm down and take a few deep breaths. Maybe I could sneak away since he isn’t here right now… Well it was worth the try. My eyes flew open with a new sense of determination and I sat up and rubbed my throbbing head. It hurt so bad it was almost unbearable.

                I tried to push the pain away as I stood up. As soon as I rose to my feet I felt a heavy chain drop on my toes and I yelped in pain. As I looked down my eyes widened with true horror as I saw that my feet were chained to the wall.

                This could not be happening! I ran over to the wall and pulled the chain with all of my strength, ignoring the pain coursing throughout my body. “Help me!” I frantically screamed as I pulled the chain roughly. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn’t budge so I dropped it and gave up, now short of breath again. “Somebody please! I have been kidnapped!!!” I screamed in desperation.

                I looked around the room breathing heavily. It was actually surprisingly clean. The room had a black and white theme to it as the comforter was white and so where the wall but the carpet was black along with the pillows. Wasn’t it like a tradition for kidnapping rapist freaks to live in a completely messy style? Everything here was so…. Organized.

                I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and then suddenly heard footsteps approaching the room. I gasped and jumped back onto the bed and immediately regretted it as a wave of pain washed over me. I curled into a ball and then remembered I was still in my dress and I suddenly felt very self-conscious so I slid under the covers and hid my face as I shook ever so slightly.

                I heard the door creaked open and my eyes widened before shutting tightly again. Was he finally going to kill me? Or was he going to rape me for possibly the second time? My mind raced and I felt a tear roll down my cheeks. The footsteps approached closer to me and I tensed up as they stopped right beside the bed.

                “Good afternoon Nani, I hope you slept well.” He said with his Irish accent filling the hollow air around us. He sounded so emotionless and I don’t know whether I should be relaxed or nervous by that. “G-Go away!! I don’t know who you are but my friend Kate will have the cops all over your ass!” I screamed in fear.

                Suddenly he ripped the blanket from my body and tossed it to the floor. His face had a hard expression to read but the tone of his voice was harsh and bitter as he spit out his words. “You have no fucking idea who you’re dealing with! Now shut up and get changed out of that dress.” I threw some shorts at me and a t-shirt and then bent down and unlocked the chain on my feet.

“The windows are bulletproof, the door has a lock that only I know the code to, and I have censors in the yard even if you do escape. So what I’m trying to say is: don’t even bother. You’re stuck here with me princess.” He said harshly before turning on his heels and slamming the door shut behind him. My eyes widened by his action and I fisted the clothes he threw at me and panted softly.

I was stuck in a house with a monster who did something to my best friend. I had no idea of his name or what he could do or has done to me. Great…