Chapter 37

Niall’s POV:

                I lifted her up and laid her down gently on the bed as I kept my arms around her. She intertwined her bare legs between mine and I smiled at her warmth. I gently kissed her collarbone up to her neck and then to her mouth as she got goose bumps and smiled. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back passionately.

                We kissed for a long period of time before we pulled away for air. I smiled as I panted on her lips, not a thing in the world could ruin this. She smiled as she lightly kissed my forehead and my nose. I bit my lip as she pressed her body closer to mine. In all honesty, she was very seducing but I had to resist my temptations so I wouldn’t move to fast. That was the first time I ever felt that way about someone.

                I smiled and she looked into my eyes and broke the silence. “You know Niall, if I can’t ever harm myself again…then you can’t either.” She says softly.

                I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at her. “Why do you care if I hurt myself?” I ask softly and innocently. She raises her eyebrow at me and smiles sweetly.

                “Niall, you care about me right?” She asks and I nod slowly as a response, still confused on what that had to do with hurting myself. She smiled a little bit wider as she continued.

                “Well that feeling you get, that feeling of sadness when you saw my old cuts? That’s how I feel every time you hurt yourself. I don’t want you to run to a blade or to a burn when things get out of control. I want you to run to me…  Niall let me be your release.” She said as she lightly placed her lips on mine for a few brief moments.

                “You care about me that much?” I ask still confused obviously but I couldn’t help but smile. She blushed and nodded. “No one has ever cared that much about me before…” I say as my smile grows a little wider.

                She looks up at me with pleading eyes and snuggles into me. “Niall please don’t hurt yourself anymore…” she says softly. I look her in the eyes and nod. “Nani when you are in my arms I don’t even feel the urge. Don’t leave me okay?” I say the last part quietly.

                 I wasn’t going to let her leave in the arms of a sick and twisted man. Then again, maybe I was one. But if she stayed, it would be by choice and I think she understood this as she smiled wide and nodded before planting a small kiss on my chin. “Thank you. And Niall I am sure you have always had someone who has loved you.” She whispered as she rested her head on my chest.

                I sigh and shake my head as I rub her bare back. “No… no one has ever loved me. No one has ever cared if I hurt myself or not; police officers, doctors, foster parents, and just no one. Nani I killed my own family so why would they love me? I really am a monster, are you sure you love me?” I ask and bite my lip. I was scared about telling her the truth about my family…

                Surprisingly though, she didn’t push me away in disgust or look even the least bit shocked. She just smiled a bit and kissed my neck. “I’m 100% sure that I am completely truly, madly, deeply in love with you Niall. Nothing you say will ever change that.” She said.

                I smiled and closed my eyes as I relaxed into her arms. I didn’t know why, but I believed her. We stayed like that, giving each other the occasional sweet wet kiss that made our hearts soar our of our chests and explode into fireworks.

                Finally she pulled away from me slowly which made me put on a small pouty face. She chuckled and poked my bottom lip. “I’m going to take a shower Ni, don’t worry when I get back we can snuggle some more. I just want to wash my hair.” She smiles and I nod as I watch her walk into the bathroom.

                About a minute passed as I laid there in the bed smiling at my own thoughts. I was abruptly snapped back to reality by the doorbell ringing and my body instantly froze up as my eyes widened.

That was never a good sign…