Vancouver (Part 1)

(A/N: Hey guys, here's the first chapter to the sequel in the Life of Justice Jay series. Now, these first chapters are going to be "flashbacks" where Jay is reliving in a way what has happened to her while she's been in Vancouver. Eventually there will be the chapter of her surprise homecoming. This first chapter should be really happy, but by the time you get through a few chapters, you may need some tissues. Who knows? J Anyway, I'm not going to spoil anything else. Thank you all for being so amazing, and for reading this story. Hope you enjoy!!!)

(Ps. I'm not sure exactly how far in the future this is, year wise, but just know that it's during her freshman year and that she's fourteen almost fifteen years old... on May 30th. Okay now I'm done rambling... let the story begin!)

January 10th

It was my first day on set today, and I seriously didn't know how much work my dad had to do for the show. I mean, I was a super minor character on the show right now, and I still came home absolutely exhausted.

My dad pulled into our driveway at almost 7:00 pm. Our house was very small here in Vancouver, but we knew we didn't need a big one. I had a pretty big room for it just being myself in there, and my parents master bedroom was fairly large too. We also had a pretty nice family room that opened into the kitchen, which my mom loved because it was bigger than any other room in the house. She loved that room more than any other in the house. Also, my mom had a workroom where she had her sewing machine and other projects that were kept in there. Next to it, my dad had an "office" which could be more considered his "man cave." In it he had a flat screen TV, two massage chairs, a popcorn machine, his desk where he claimed he would "work," and finally his hall of fame where he hung posters of himself (or I guess Dean) from previous seasons. I was so excited for this seasons poster to come out, because I would be featured next to my Dad and uncle Jared.

My mom was in the kitchen making us dinner. My dad and I both asked her to make her famous tomato soup because it was absolutely freezing outside, and we were ready for something to relax us from all the work we had done that day.

I walked into the kitchen and gave my mom a hug. She turned from the stove with a wooden spoon in her hand she pointed to the kitchen table. "Something came in the mail for you today." I hurried to the table to check it out. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as my dad walked over to my mom who was still stirring her pot of soup.

"I missed you today, beautiful." He said wrapping his arms around her middle and snuggle his face in the crook of her neck from behind. "Did you miss me?"

She giggled, "How could I? You called me every ten minutes for two hours until you started shooting." She turned the stove off to let the soup cool, turned around and looked at him smiling and saying, "But I did miss you, babe."

He smiled and pulled her tighter into him, softly pressing his lips into hers. I hurried to look away, although my parents were just about the cutest couple that ever lived. (Said every fangirl ever!) I grabbed the letter and began to open it. "Alright, I'm just going to be in the living room reading this. You two enjoy each other."

My dad from the kitchen moaned, "Oh don't give us any ideas..."

"Oh my gosh dad! I did NOT need that right now!"

I sat down on the couch in the living room and pulled three pages of paper out of the envelope. I immediately recognized Jake's handwriting. He had very large handwriting, but it was really good for a guy's penmanship. He definitely had Tom beat. I started to glance over the letter:

My sweet Jay,

How have you only been gone for a week? It feels like eternity! Also, I feel like such an old man writing you a letter because almost no one does this now a days, but I wanted to do something special for you.