Unexpected

(JJ's POV)

Jake started to drive to his mystery destination and at first I was surprised with how well he knew Vancouver, but then I remembered that he had family who lived here and knew his was around. 

We only drove for about twenty minutes and were to an old ranch with a long dirt road. At the end of the dirt road was a wall of trees and a gate with a huge rustic metal sign that said BC Rodeo.

I look to Jake in complete excitement. My head was stuck out the window and the wind was blowing through my hair. We entered through the gate and saw that passed the long wall of trees was an absolutely huge parking lot with an arena for the Rodeo. As long as I've lived in Vancouver, I had never been to the Rodeo. 

Jake helped me out of the truck and laced his fingers in with mine as we walked into the rodeo and saw hundreds of people in the stands waiting to watch the next bull rider. 

"I'm going to go get us some popcorn. You want to get us a spot?" he said letting go of my hand slowly.

"Sure." I found us a spot right on the front row in a section where we could stand up and watch the riders. 

I grabbed us a place and started to watch the current rider try to make the 8. Then I turned slightly to the right and saw a cowboy, one I assumed was a bull rider, look to me and wink. I wasn't flirting at all, but I had to admit he was handsome. He got up and walked over to me. 

"Evenin' ma'am. I reckin' you just might be the most beautiful girl here tonight." He had the deepest southern accent and I couldn't help but swoom. Jake's Texan accent could not be replaced, but I didn't mind the cowboy. 

"Well thank you, cowboy." I  said awkwardly trying to figure what else to say. "Have you rode yet?" 

"No, fortunately though, now I get to know that those beautiful angel eyes will be watching me while I destroy some bull." He was super smooth but there was something about him that irked me. I was now to the point where I was practically looking for Jake at this point. 

"Here," he said handing me his hat. "For you." I didn't know what to do so I let him put his hat on my head. I couldn't lie, I really enjoyed having my very own. 

"Um, thank you..." I said even more awkwardly. "What's your name?"

"Luke." He said with a smirk. "See yah after the ride angel." He winked at me and started walking back towards the corral. 

"Wait!" I took his hat off and started waving it. "You forgot your hat." 

"No I didn't. It's yours!" He smiled his pretty cowboy smiled and started walking away again. 

A few seconds later, Jake walked up behind me with popcorn and some drinks. "Well beautiful, where'd you get that?" He situated the hat on my head so he could see my eyes. 

"One of the riders came over and gave it to me." Jake suddenly tensed up, and I couldn't read why he was upset.

"Which rider?" He said firmly.

"Um... I think he said his name was Luke." 

"Hm." He said and just sat their clenching his fists. 

"Woah, baby." I laced my fingers in with his and helped him relax. I ran my finger down his temple and cheek to try to calm him. "What's wrong." 

"Can you promise me you won't talk to him?"

"Do you two have a history?" I asked. 

"Let's just say, he's the reason I don't ride anymore." I was so shocked after hearing him say that.