The Interview

(JJ's POV)

We cleaned up breakfast and Tom saw that he had a text from Jake.

Hey man, sorry I ran out like that. I'm headed back to the University. I just can't be home right now. I'll see you tomorrow night. Have fun with the fam. 

I couldn't control my emotions. Here I was trying to make a decision that would change my life forever, and I was constantly torn back and forth between the internship and Jake. Two things that I wanted so bad. 

My dad was drying the last plate with my mom and asked me to follow him into his office. We walked in the door and he had me sit down. He sat on the corner of his desk and faced me. 

"Jay, I just got a call from the producers. I thought I had another week here at home, but it looks like I need to be there first thing Monday morning. So I'm planning on going to the meeting with you tomorrow morning and then flying out from there. That is, if you're still planning on going to the meeting." 

"I really really want to Daddy, but I don't know what to do." I started crying again. At this point I was so sick of crying. 

"Justice, this is how I see it. You have an opportunity ahead of you that no other senior in high school ever gets. Let's say that you do the internship, there's nothing telling you that you absolutely have to go to school there for your college years, right?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"So, the way I see it, you're just giving yourself more experience in the field. You are setting yourself up for a very successful future. I think you should take the offer. But that is just my Dad intuition wanting you to do whatever is best for you. And I think this is. Jake, if he really is the good guy that I know he is, he'll come around. He'll remember how much he loves you and this whole thing will blow over. But don't miss an opportunity like this because of what he said an hour ago." 

"Okay, you're right. Thank you Daddy." I stood up to hug him and tears fell down my cheeks. "Do you really have to go already?"

"I'm afraid I do sis." 

"I hate it when you leave." 

"I know. I'm hoping this is the last time." He said softly. 

My mom walked into the office. "Sorry you two, but Jay, I just got off the phone with Harold. He said he can be ready in two hours for us. You still want to do this?"

"Yes. I need to do what's best for me."

"That's my girl." My mom smiled. "I'm going to let Harold know that we'll be there just after lunch."

"Thanks mom." 

I hurried upstairs to pick out an outfit for my interview, but had no luck. Arrow and my mom came up with me and tried to solve my wardrobe issues. 

"Jay, we'll be in LA all night tonight. Why don't we just get you a new dress for the interview? Then you'll feel completely comfortable and won't have to pack any clothes except for to travel in."

"Do we have time for that?"

"One of my girlfriends from college owns a boutique down in LA and I'm sure she'd let us come in after close to go through everything and find the perfect outfit for you."

"Oh that would be so perfect!! Thanks mom!"

"Anything for my girl." 

I hurried and grabbed my favorite PINK outfit with leggings and matching Nike's, and we were out the door. Gen wanted to come with us, and left the kids home with her sister Sarah.