Unforgivable

(Jake's POV) 

I knew I was being stupid. How many times did I say to her that whatever we did, we would do it together? I was being more then stupid, I was being rediculous. Instead of supporting her through this decision, I pushed her away. I decided I wasn't going to do this any longer. After practice yesterday I just got in my truck and drove. It took me twenty hours to drive from Texas to Los Angeles, but I didn't care. I was so sick of not having her with me and talking to me every day. 

When I finally arrived in LA, I stopped by the closest flower shop and picked up a dozen of her favorite flowers; pink carnations. 

I got her address from Halle and hurried as fast as I could to her apartment. My heart was pounding so hard. I had to make things right with her. I needed her back in my life. 

I was just about to turn the corner to her door, and just as I did my hearts pounding immediately stopped. My feet couldn't move. My entire body went numb. The flowers that I held in my hand fell to the floor. A lump in my throat began to swell as I tried so hard to hold back the tears. I couldn't hold them back any longer though. 

Our eyes met and I saw her face go from complete shock, to regret, to remorse, to hurt. She pushed away whoever the other guy was and started walking towards me. 

"Stop!" I yelled wiping my tears. "Don't come near me." 

"But Jake. It's not what it looks like." She pleaded, now sobbing too. "Please. You have to understand." 

"Oh really Jay, tell me exactly what this is then!" I was yelling now. 

"Jake, he... he's just my friend. I was sick missing you... and... and... he was-"

"He was what? He was just there!?" I was so furious at this point, and giant tears continued to stream down my face. 

"Jake. Jake..." She was reaching for me now, and I kept pushing her arms off of me. "Please. You have to talk to me." She fell the the floor sobbing in front of me. 

I wiped all the tears and sobs from my face, and tried to swallow the saliva building up in my mouth. "Jay," I began and sobbed in-between every other word, "Jay, I can't believe you. You move to LA without even talking to me about it, and now you're making out with hell knows who this is. What is this supposed to look like? You tell me!!" 

"I- I don't know." 

"I'm done with you. I can't take this anymore." I turned to walk out and started walking away while wiping away all the tears that I was trying so hard to control. 

As I walked out the door to the parking lot, the guy she had been kissing followed me to my car. 

"Jake! Stop! Wait!" He yelled for me. 

"What in all of hell could you possibly want?" I yelled. 

"I've got to talk to you." He begged. 

"Fine, speak." 

"Jake, she loves you. She's been crying over you all week. I've been taking her out trying to get her mind off of you because quite frankly I wanted her to be mine, but she obviously is in love with you. I just messed with her emotions and us kissing was totally on me. You have to forgive her." 

I stood there for a second trying to figure out what to do, and then I finally pulled my fist together and knocked him completely down with one punch to the nose. He fell to the ground and blood started streaming down the side of his face and onto his shirt. 

"Listen to me you piece of crap. You just destroyed the only good thing I had in my life. And buster, you can be the one to go ahead and tell MY Jay that we're done because of the tall, scrawny, and geeky, loser decided to ruin everything so that he could get what he wants." I kicked him in the side causing him to cough up blood all over the asphalt. "Oh, and let me know how that goes."