But this changes everything...

(JJ's POV) Saturday Morning

I woke up this morning to find Jake and my Dad downstairs making breakfast for everyone. They had two griddles, one making pancakes and the other frying bacon. I hid behind the corner to listen to them. I loved how much they got along, and I also loved that Jake loved my dad as his own. His dad hadn't talked to him for almost a year now, so my dad kind of stepped in. 

"Hey son! Don't burn those pancakes!" My dad said jokingly but also serious.

"Sir, I'm sorry but not all of us enjoy eating batter with our pancakes. If they're still white... they're not done!" He laughed, making fun of my dad. 

"Oh whatever! We'll just eat bacon for breakfast then I guess." 

"I hardly call that bacon. You've cooked that bacon so long it's practically jerky!" 

"Hey! Don't diss my beautiful pork. Geese, some kids just don't understand." 

I couldn't help but laugh. I walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around Jake from behind while he flipped pancakes. "Good morning beautiful. How did you sleep?" He asked. 

"Better then I have in months. I'm so glad that you're here." I kissed his shoulder from behind still and then hugged my dad. 

"Finally! Dream boy comes home, and I'm suddenly kicked to the curb." He complained.

I just rolled my eyes, "Oh my gosh. Cry me a river dad." 

The phone started to ring, and after two rings my mom had come into the room freaking out. "Oh yes she's right here, let me get her for you!" 

She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the kitchen. "Oh my gosh Jay, it's the University of California director of Dentistry." I had been talking with my mom for the last few days about my dream of going to school in Dental Hygiene. We applied for internships and schools, but I didn't think that they would call so soon. She practically shoved the phone in my face. 

"Hi, this Justice?"

"Hello Justice, this is Doctor Morgan from the University of California Dentistry School in Los Angeles. How are you today?" She sounded very sophisticated. Much like what you'd expect a University Doctor to sound like. 

"I'm great! Very excited to hear from you actually. What can I do for you?"

"Well, we were highly impressed with your GPA, and ACT scores that we wanted to schedule a meeting with you. I want to discus with you personally some options we have for you this year in preparation for your freshman semester if you choose to study here with us." 

"Wait, does this mean that you have accepted my application?" 

"Oh most definitely! We try to have the highest of academic achievement attend U of C, and were very impressed with your application." I tried not to scream in excitement. "Is there any possible way that we could fly you down this evening and meet with you tomorrow morning?"

"Let me ask my mom, my dad has a plane that we could have ready in an hour if she is okay with it." I looked to my mom and she nodded immediately, almost as excited as I was if not more! "Looks like my mom is okay with it. What time would you like to meet tomorrow?"

"Can you be here by noon?" Doctor Morgan asked. 

"Absolutely! We will be there." 

"Thank you Justice. I look forward to meeting with you. I will email you the information needed for our meeting. Goodbye now." 

"Thank you! Goodbye!" I hung up the phone and immediately started jumping up and down with my mom like we were both twelve again. "OH MY GOSH THEY ACCEPTED MY APPLICATION!"