Recovery

(Jake's POV) 

Jensen's recovery was slow and exhausting. We had been locked up in the hospital for a week and everyone was starting to get a little agitated. We woke up that next Friday and JJ was laying on my chest asleep on the couch. I ran my fingers through her hair and brushed some of it out of her face. We had all slept in the hospital for the past week and everyone was getting upset with one another. It wasn't that they were mad at one another, but they were very short fused.

JJ woke up and rubbed her eyes before looking at me with her beautiful smile and those green eyes of hers that I can never seem to get enough of. "Good morning babe." She sat up on my lap and looked to her parents asleep on the hospital bed. 

"Good morning beautiful." After I had said that I noticed Jensen and Danni were awake now. 

JJ went and sat on the bed next to her father. "Dad I think we need to talk." 

"Alright princess, what's up." 

I walked over next to her because I knew what she was getting to, and she was really nervous to talk to her dad about it. I stood behind her and rested on of my hands on her leg as she sat talking to her dad. 

"I think it's time Daddy." 

He looked nervously at me, "Time for what?"

She exhaled and continued, "I think you need to be done with the show." 

He let out a long sigh as if he was relieved. "Gosh, JJ, I thought you were going to say something like you and Jake were taking things to the next level. You almost gave this old man a heart attack." 

She looked to him confused, "Wait what? No! Jake and I are happy with where we are right now." She turned around and I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing more than ever. I couldn't help but chuckle a little and saw Jensen do the same. 

Danni nudged Jensen, "J, she's being serious." He put on a serious face again, "Alright JJ, why do you think I need to be done?"

"Because how much of my life have you actually been there for? Half of it maybe? You didn't even meet Jake until we had been dating for four months already. And you missed my Kindergarten graduation, and gymnastic competitions, and cheer competitions, and..." I wrapped my arm around her middle to try to calm her. Everyone was suddenly getting really worked up over this. 

"You want me to just give it all up. A show that I've put my life into? What about the fans? What about the producers? There is now Supernatural without Dean Winchester. If I leave that puts Jared out of a job as well." 

"Uggggghhhh you're such a stubborn ass!" JJ yelled. "Why can't you just understand when enough is enough. You don't think you can survive on a billion dollars? You just gotta keep making more?" She had started crying and I pulled her into me as she continued to yell, "I can't believe you're this selfish." 

He looked at her in complete and utter shock. Danni looked just as shocked. "Where is this coming from JJ?" her mother asked.

"I just want my Dad. I can't believe he's choosing this stupid show over me." Jensen looked angry now. 

"That's not fair Justice. You know you can't do that to me. This show means everything to me." 

She looked at him and I could see her heart just fell. JJ began to sob as she ran out of the room. I followed her downstairs and she didn't stop until she reached the parking lot. I finally stopped her and pulled her into me. "JJ, I promise he didn't mean it the way you think he did." I tried to comfort her. 

"Oh, but he did. We all have known what truly matters to him. All he cares about is his pathetic show. You know what? Who even gives a damn! He can just move to Vancouver for all I care..." I wrapped my arms around her tight, hugging her to me.