Halle

(Halle's POV)

JJ had to go back to Vancouver, because she couldn't put off filming any longer. Jake had his first round of chemo tomorrow so he was resting up today.
Tom spent every minute of every day worrying about him. Much like Jared and Jensen, they were friends but they were brothers. They did everything together. They grew up together. I hated seeing Tom like this.
This morning while he was at the hospital with Jake, I was in the kitchen with his mom doing dishes. We had all had Sunday dinner, and Tom then went to check up on Jake.
"So Hal," she said as she handed me a plate to dry while she washed some more. "What's been going on with you and Tom?"
I didn't know how to answer that. "I mean, I think things are okay."
"What do you mean, you think?"
"I don't know. Sometimes I feel like we're only together because we have to be. He's always with Jake, and we've fallen apart. I just wish we had the relationship Jake and JJ have. I love Tom more than anything, and want us to be happy together."
She turned the sink off and walked over to me grabbing my hands with hers. She gave me her complete attention.
"You guys are just like Jared and I. I used to hate how close he and Jensen were. I always felt like second best. And I watched how close Jensen and Dani were. After being in the movie together, and dating for a few years, they were perfect! I only wished that for Jared and I."
"What did you do?"
"I stopped focusing on the things that were important. I realized that Jensen and Dani weren't the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, so I turned all my focus on Jared. Now he's my life. He makes me want to wake up every day and see his smile. The hard thing with us is, I wake up in the morning to find an empty pillow and bed space next to me."
She had begun to tear up, and I pulled her in for a hug. "He'll be home soon Gen, but thank you. I need to do that. I'll start focusing on just Tom and I."
With that I looked at the clock. 8:47. "I'm going to call him and see what he's doing, and when he's coming home. Can I stay the night tonight?"
"Absolutely." She went back to cleaning dishes, and I went outside to call Tom.
The phone ringed for two rings when I saw head lights in the drive way.
I rushed out knowing it was Tom. As he parked his truck and turned off the engine I opened his door to see him.
"Hey babe. I missed you."
"I missed you too." He grabbed his keys and got out moving to get around me to walk in. I grabbed his arm and turned him to face me.
"Hey, what's going on with you?"
He seemed annoyed, "Nothing's going on?"
"Tom, you have been with Jake practically all day, you're always thinking about him, and you're never happy. It's been days since you've held my hand, weeks since you've kissed me. So yeah somethings wrong."
"Okay so life is hell right now, I don't know what you want me to do about it?" He practically yelled.
I didn't even know what to say. "Why can't you just talk to me? Tell me what's going on."
"Maybe I don't want to?" He took me completely off guard. Tears began to fill my eyes.
"Okay then. When you're ready to talk, you know where to find me."
I shuffled around him just barely brushing his shoulder, as I ran down the road. I was completely bawling the whole way. It took me fifteen minutes to run home, and once I was home I ran inside and shut the door sliding down the body of it and crying on the floor. My little sister Molly came to me with tissues once she saw me crying.
It was just Molly and I, as well as our parents. I was never close to anyone in my family, and I figured that why Tom and I worked so well. Now he wasn't even talking to me.
She handed me a tissue and sat down next to me.
"Are you okay?"
I sniffed and wiped my tears with the tissue. "No Molly, I'm not. Tom and I got in a fight tonight."
Her eyes widened. "Are you guys okay? You don't talk about him as much anymore?"
"It's just hard, relationships are rough sis." Molly was in sixth grade, and was still a little naive to the whole relationship thing, but she was always supportive.
"Well, you want some ice cream? I mean is that what you do after break ups?"
"We didn't break up. We just need some space. I'm going to talk to him at school tomorrow. But some ice cream sounds good."
Molly and I each got a Ben & Jerry's from the freezer, and went into the living room. Together we talked for over and our. She more just listened to what I had to say and offered advice here and there.
"You know I love you right, Molly."
"I know. I'm sorry you're sad."
Just then we heard a knock at the door. I took our empty ice cream cups to the kitchen, and we both went to the front door to see who it was.
Molly opened the door and low and behold, Tom was standing there with a bouquet of my favorite, pink lilies. He was looking at the bouquet and handed it to me. "I'm so sorry Halle. Can we talk?"
I looked at the flowers, and then into his eyes. Without a doubt I could tell he had been crying too. How could I say no to him?
"Alright." I didn't say anything else. "Can you get these in some water Molly?"
She grabbed the flowers and took the to the kitchen, and I walked outside with Tom.
We walked to his truck without saying a word. He started driving and we didn't say much, but we had reached the park.
He grabbed my hand and had me come out his door. I slid across the seats and hopped out the door. He didn't let go of my hand, and we started walking around the park.
"Listen Halle. I'm so sorry. It's been a really rough few weeks. I had no reason to be the way I was." We sat down by a tree and it was completely dark outside now.
I snuggled my arms into his and let a few tears fall. "It's okay. I know it's been hard. You just can't let me go. I'd be lost without you."
He turned his head to face me. "I promise, I won't let it happen again." He softly grabbed my face and pulled me into him slowly. As our lips came together he slowly pulled me up onto his lap, wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he continued to kiss me. We broke for a quick second resting his forehead on mine, "Oh I should've known being with you would fix everything."
I smile as he caught my lips again. In between his kisses I would slip, "Don't... You ever... Do that... To me... Again! ...I need you."
He pulled me into his chest and I laid there on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He was sitting against the tree and by now it was past 11:00. As I continued to lay there, I whispered, "Are you okay with talking about it now."
He exhaled and started, "I guess I should talk about it. And you're my better half, there's no one better to talk to than you." I snuggled into him again and was ready to listen. "I'm just really worried. Jake and I have been through thick and thin. We've been bros on the field for years and we've really become brothers. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him."
Still laying on him I said, "you won't. He's not going anywhere. But I'm right here. I'll always be here."
He kissed my cheek and began to look at the stars. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep. It wasn't a cold night, in fact it was quite pleasant. We both woke up and looked at our phones resizing we had fallen asleep. 3:47
We walked to his truck, grabbed some blankets from under his back seats, and went back to sleep in the grass. He laid on one blanket as I snuggled into him again. With his arms wrapped around me, we stayed there until morning. Just he and I. Finally starting to be the couple I hoped we could be.

A/N: Hey guys!! I figured we haven't ever heard much from Halle except for some dialogue here and there. So here's a mint chapter about her and Tom! It's finally my spring break and my goal is to have an update each day! BUT before I update I'm taking a poll, so next update won't be until Monday. My question is, do you guys like how it pretty much starts every chapter where the last one left off, or do you think it's dragging on? I was thinking about it, and if I go where I want to take this book, it's going to take another whole book to finish, if not two! That's like 100 more parts!!! What do you guys think? Keep it at the pace it's going, or fast forward more? Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! And THANKS SO MUCH for reading! Next update, Monday!!