I Just Want a Normal Life

(6 months after Jake left - December)

You know, I've lived half of my life without my dad. Going months without seeing him, but knowing he'd come home. I thought I would be able to make it through this, but I couldn't. Jake's been gone for six months now, and I've only seen him seven times. Seven weekends! Some were his home football games that my dad took vacation time to come with us to go see. I took a weekend to see him for his birthday. But now I don't know if I can do it any longer. 

My mom and I were walked in the front door after last minute Christmas shopping. Gen walked in the living room with hot cocoa for both of us and some cookies. 

"How are my girls doing?" she said just as Halle walked in the room to greet us as well. 

"Exhausted..." my mom moaned. 

Gen sat next to me, "What about you sweetheart? How you holding up? Have you talked to Jake lately?"

I let out a long breath, "How do you guys do it? How do you go for months on end barely seeing your husbands?" I had starting crying and couldn't hold it back any longer. 

Gen pulled me next to her and held me in her arms. "Well, I always think of it like this. I met Jared because of the show. I feel like I owe it to him to support him and love him through it." She wiped a tear from my cheek and my mom spoke up as well. 

"Well J, it's just like what Gen said. We are their family. We have to support them, and Supernatural is part of our family. It will always be, even after the show is over." 

Just then we heard a knock at the door. Halle ran to answer it. 

"Um, hello... can I help you?" we heard Halle say.

"Well I think so. Take these to my room for me darling." the woman said. 

I sat up and walked over to the door. There was a woman in sunglasses dressed extremely fancy and looked like a million dollars... or at least she had a million dollars. 

"Excuse me. Who are you?" I mumbled, surprised with the crazy lady walking in to our house with luggage wanting a room. 

She turned to me and looked as if she had seen a ghost. "Oh my gosh," she gasped, "Is that you JJ?"

Now I was scared out of my mind. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me so tightly. How in the world did she know my name?

Just then my mom walked to the doorway and yelled so loud in excitement, which only confused me more. "Mack? Is that you? AHHHHH!" She screamed and hugged the both of us. "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was supposed to be on a flight to Paris, but my plane had a layover in Denver and I said SCREW IT! I haven't seen my family in years! I think the last time I saw JJ, she was just starting Kindergarten." 

I started putting things together and realized who she was. My dad's sister was in town, and how convenient that she picked the week right before Christmas when he was coming home. I don't know why my dad was so mad at her, but I know it was a pretty big deal. We hadn't seen her for almost twelve years now, and she decides to show up now?

"Well, let's get you settled in. You can sleep in the guest room on our first floor." My mom said grabbing her hand and taking her to the room. 

Gen walked next to me, "She's got some nerve showing up right now." 

"Yeah tell me about it." 

We spent the entire night and the next day catching up with Aunt Mack. She told us stories about trips to Fiji, Hungary, Paris, Germany, and dozens of other places. When I asked her how she could afford it, she told us about the loan my dad gave her for college money her freshman year and how  she won millions of dollars in the lottery because of that money. In college she was studying Fashion and Interior Design, and now she owns her own clothing line, and travels the world because of it. I then realized why my dad was so upset with her. She dropped out of college and ran off with the money. She never finished what he invested in.