Back In His Arms

"Jay, what are you doing here?" He said turning over and hardly even awake. I knew he was barely even functioning and I could tell that he would have been excited out of his mind to see me, but he was so drugged on medicine that I just wanted to hold him in my arms.

"I came just for you babe." I brushed his tangled hair from his face and he fell to his pillow asleep. I knew he was absolutely exhausted and in the morning wouldn't even remember that I had come. 

The next morning I felt him stir in his sleep. He woke me up as he jumped in his place and wrapped his arms around me in a tighter hug. I woke and looked at the clock... 7:37

"Jay, what are you doing here? Don't you have work?"

"I couldn't work knowing you were at home sick." I curled into him and laced my fingers in with his laying on his shoulder and cuddling into him. He kissed me on my four head. 

"It means the world to me to have you here right now." 

We laid there together for about ten minutes when Tom walked in with McDonald's sandwiches and orange juice. "Hey man, you feeling better?"

"Better than ever. My best friends here, and now my girl's home."

He spoke too soon and his nurse walked in. "Jake, I'm glad you're up. Just wanted to remind you that you have an MRI scheduled for 8:00 this morning." He looked up at her, "Oh thank you, I'll be ready." She smiled and left the room to do her duties.

I sat next to him on the edge of his bed. He grumbled as he shifted in bed. "Jake, you're sure you're okay?" I said nervously.

"Jay, I promise I'll be okay. I just got my appendix removed last night, and this cancer thing is just a precaution. Nothing's going to happen to me I promise." He wrapped both of his arms around me and pulled me up onto his chest. 

I laid there with him until Tom coughed obviously feeling awkward, "Okay, well I'm going to go flirt with some nurses... you two enjoy getting caught up." He laughed at us once again and walked out.

Jake positioned his bed so he could be sitting up, and I sat up on his lap facing him. "So tell me about your Vancouver boyfriend." He asked not so slyly. 

I rolled my eyes. "Oh my gosh you're not going to believe this." I moved from off his lap and snuggled next to him as he wrapped his arm around me. "Your cousin Abby, is dating Colton... the guy I work with!"

He looked at me confused. "You're saying my cousin, is dating your Vancouver boyfriend? No way?!!"

"Yeah... I was surprised you didn't know who he was."

"Oh no, I've met him before and everything. I just didn't remember his name. Huh..." He sat there thinking about the thought. "Well I'm just so relieved though to know that I don't have to worry about him now."

I laughed and snuggled into him. His nurse walked in and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, but we need to prep you for your MRI now. You can come back in a few hours miss?" I turned to Jake. 

"I'm guessing that's her polite way of saying I need to leave?" I giggled.

"I'll give you two a minute." She walked into the hall and before I could say anything Jake had stood up. I turned around and immediately found his hands cupping my cheeks as he pulled me into him. He kissed me softly but with so much passion. It felt like our first kiss again. When you don't get to kiss someone for over a month, kissing them again feels like a first time feeling.

With his hands still on my face he looked me in the eyes and softly whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I whispered smiling and biting my lower lip slightly.