The Supernatural Family

The two weeks I was able to spend with Jake at Christmas were amazing. I learned that there was no one else on this planet that I'd rather spend my time with than him.

We have been able to see each other multiple times here and there over the last few months. My dad got us Super Bowl tickets to see our favorite team, the Cowboys, destroy the Patriots. We spent spring break together in Idaho at my grandpas cabin. And now we only have three weeks until Summer. I seriously couldn't wait for him to be home and for everything to be normal again. My dad had been back in Vancouver for a month shooting, and my mom and I were both ready to have our boys home.

I was woken up this morning today by a call from Karsyn, my dad's assistant, in panic.
"JJ, you guys have to hurry. It's your dad!"
I tried to wake myself up, "Karsyn, what's going on?"
"Your dad and Jared were shooting a scene early this morning and it went bad. He was being stubborn again and said he didn't need a stunt double. The chain on his harness broke and he was thrown up against a wall at extreme speeds. They rushed him into the hospital and he's been in a coma for almost 3 hours now. The doctor said we need to get you and your mom up here right now."
I started panicking and hung up the phone. When I looked at the clock I saw it was 3:56am. I didn't even care. I ran as fast as I could to my mothers room to wake her up. She was awake in seconds throwing on a sweatshirt and some sweats. In less than five minutes we were both in the Yukan driving to the airport where she hurried to call Harold to have him meet us there. Gen wasn't going to sit around at home this time, and came with us.

Our flight to Vancouver was filled with silence. The entire time I watched as my mom looked out the window as tears streamed down her face. She was numb. She wouldn't say a word. Gen tried to get her to eat something once 8am came along, but she wouldn't move a muscle.
I knew being tired wasn't going to help my dad so I tried to sleep to get some energy.
When I woke up, we were starting to land. Gen was hurrying to work on her laptop, and my mom still hadn't moved.
Jared was waiting for us at the airport and drove us immediately to the hospital when we landed.
We didn't waste a minute and rushed into his room, seeing cords and machines surrounding his still body. A machine showed his heart beat, but his body looked lifeless. My mom dropped her bags at the door and hurried by his side, and laid next to him in bed. She finally let her tears roll as she held him close to her. Gen and I stood in the doorway. I couldn't keep it in any longer and turned to Jared as I bawled my eyes out. He wrapped his arms around me to try to ease the pain.
"Hey Jay, this is just temporary. Your dads a fighter. He'll make it out of this one, I know it."
He smiled, but I knew he was worried too.
The doctor walked in and was surprised to see us all. "Oh, hello. I'm Doctor Green." He looked to my mom, "you must be Danneel."
She nodded wiping tears from her eyes, "what can you tell us Doc?"
"Well he has a severe concussion. And we put him on life support the minute we got him here. He's been stable for a few hours, but has also been in a coma for that time. We're still trying to figure out the situation, but we will let you know as soon as we do." He stepped out of the room, and Gen hurried to hug my mom who was a complete mess at the point.
I heard running from down the hall and suddenly Jake and Tom run through the doorway. "Ho-How did you get here?" I said wrapping my arms around Jake as he hurried to my side. He kissed my forehead and held me tightly. "I came as soon as I heard. Tom and I took Jared's helicopter as soon as you guys left with Harold."
Jared suddenly tensed up, "you did WHAT now?"
"Chill dad, Karsyn brought us." Tom argued.
Karsyn walked in and waved at Jared. "Hi... I'm sorry! They wouldn't take no for an answer!"
Jared just rolled his eyes realizing there were more important this right now.
We all waited for hours for an update from the doctor. Jake and I fell asleep in a recliner in the corner of the room. I woke up to the sound of his stomach growling. I kissed his neck and whispered to wake him up, "hey, I know that sound. You wanna go get something to eat?"
He woke up and looked at his watch. "Yeah it's already 5:45, let's go get some dinner for everyone that wasn't prepared in a freaking hospital kitchen."
We got up and he whispered to Jared, "we'll be back. We're just going to get some food for everyone."
"Okay, be careful kids."