Getting Over You

(Jake's POV)

I couldn't even make it through one day without her. We weren't just not talking to each other... I broke up with her. I completely ended everything. I ruined my everything.

Not even 24 hours after I ended things with her, I called Jensen. I was so back and forth with how I was feeling. I couldn't go on any longer without her, but I also could not get the image out of my head of her kissing another man.

The first time I called Jensen he didn't answer, but he told me before that if I call him three times, and he hadn't answered on the first two, then he'd know that something was wrong.

After the third call he answered. "Jake, you called three times. What is the matter?"

"JJ and I broke up."

"Woah? When did this happen?" he asked.

"Just last night. I drove to Los Angeles to see her and to see if we could figure things out, and when I turned the corner to walk up to her apartment, I saw her kissing some other guy."

"I don't even believe this. Are you really sure it was JJ?"

"Oh I'm sure. We both started crying and were yelling at each other right before I ended things with her."

"Jake, I know how much she loves you. She wouldn't just end it all for a new guy. Are you sure it was what it looked like?"

"She said it meant nothing to her, and that he was just a way for her to get her mind off of me. The thing that kills me, and I'm sorry for sounding selfish here, but she shouldn't ever try to get her mind off of me. In a relationship, you have to love each other so much that nothing can get your mind off of your significant other."

"No, I definitely agree with you son. Is she still down in LA?"

"Tom said that his mom told him that she moved back home. I'm sure they were going to tell you soon."

"Gosh, I'm so sick of not being there for her because I'm a whole country away. But hey, I know this is probably the absolute worst time to ask you this, but Zeppelin has his first high school football tryouts in a week, and I was wondering if you could work with him this weekend on his arm. He wants to play quarterback again this year, but there's a big difference between middle school, and high school ball. I want so bad to be there for him, but I can't leave for at least another three weeks at he earliest. Any chance you could help him out?"

"I'd be happy to. I can't talk to JJ right now, but I'll definitely come home to see him and work with him. I love Zep!"

"Thanks son." He said, "It means the world to me. And between you and me, I can't believe JJ would do that. I really hope you guys work it out, because there isn't another soul on this planet that I want to call my son-in-law more then you. I've known for three years now that you'd join the family some day, so I hope this doesn't change that. Take all the time you need son, but I really hope you find your way back home."

"Thanks sir."

"Alright, well I've got to get back to my meeting. We were in the middle of reading scripts, but I knew you needed me."

"Thank you for speaking with me."

"Anytime son. Thank you again for working with Zeppelin."

"No worries."

"Alright, we'll talk soon."

"See yah sir."

I hung up the phone. I immediately called home to work things out with Zeppelin. Dannee was the one to answer the phone when I called.