Press Conference

We made it through the rest of the week. Finishing graduation announcements, going to his cap and gown fittings, and trying to spend as much time together as possible. I slowly started to realize how soon he was leaving. Practice at TX A&M would soon be starting, and eventually we'd be back to the couple that facetimed whenever they could. 

The morning of the press conference came. Jake and I had fallen asleep together the night before in the living room while watching a movie. I rolled over on the couch while still in his arms and watched him still dreaming away. I knew for a fact that these were the moments I would miss most of all. The little moments. The ones where we both we just alone. We were completely us. He continued to snooze away, and I snuggled up into him realizing we still had time to sleep in. 

Probably an hour later my mom walked in to wake us up. We only had two hours until the press conference and we had so many things to do. 

When the time finally came, Jake and I drove together to City Hall, where they scheduled to hold the conference.  We were bombarded by cameras the second we walked through the door. I soon learned what it was like for Jake when dating a tv star. 

The press conference began and I sat by his side through the entire thing as different colleges offered him different things to convince him to play for their school. The hurt inside me continued to build up to the point where I couldn't take it any longer. I stood up in the middle of a question and walked out the side door. 

No doubt Jake noticed and I knew he'd come after me, but I didn't care. I need a break. 

I heard him stop the question being asked, "Excuse me one minute. I'll return in a few minutes." A loud roar began through the cloud as people began to ask a million questions, which then just caused me to start to cry. 

He followed me out the door until he had caught up to me. His grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him so he could see my face. "Jay, baby, what's wrong?"

"You Jake! You!" I wiped a tear that had fallen down my face. "You think that you can just leave me for two years and go play for some college team only promising to see me at least once a month. Do you know how much this is killing me?"

He just stared blankly at me. "Jay, have I ever told you the minute I fell in love with you? The very moment I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you?"

I swallowed some sobs, and just looked at him with eyes filled with tears. "It was that night at the party where we first met. We talked for hours and my only wish was to stop time completely. I remember holding your hand that night and realizing how much it was going to hurt when I had to let it go." 

I couldn't control myself now, the tears were flowing down my face like a waterfall of emotion. He stepped closer to me. "Jay, this is something that I truly want. I want to continue my career and see where it takes me. I pray that it takes me to a life with you, but I need you by my side." 

I just smiled trying to ignore how poetic he was. "Okay." 

He leaned in ever closer as if he were going to kiss me. "The problem is," he began to say, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop." 

I just smiled as his lips met mine, mesmerizing the moment that I only wished would never stop. At that time, time stopped. The world around us stopped. The wind blowing around us stopped. We couldn't hear any voices, and for once it was just he and I.

He looked me in the eyes and his hands held my face. His thumbs wiped tears that fell down my cheeks and he smiled, looking at me in the moment. "I need to get back in there. Are you coming with me?" I didn't say anything, I just nodded. 

He took my hand and we walked back into the press conference where he was bombarded with questions. 

When he revealed the university that he had chosen, we waited to take pictures with the coach and athletic director. 

Afterwards we decided to go home. And I started realizing that maybe this is how we're supposed to be. It's hard right now, but soon happy days will come. 

I'm sorry it's such a different chapter. I'm really trying to figure out what to do with this book because JENSEN AND DANEEL ARE EXPECTING!!!!!!!!!!! I think as I continue  this book, I"ll continue it as is. As much as we are going to love the twins, it's going to be hard to try and put two new characters in. I hope no one is upset!!! 

Thanks for reading loves!!! 

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!