He's My Brother

(JJ's POV)

We had the most amazing time at the convention. I called my mom every hour to see how my dad was doing. After another twenty four hours he had woken up and was stable. My mom explained how exhausted he was, but that he was doing okay. He had fractured his collar bone, and broken two ribs. We were so relieved that he didn't have any major terminal damage. 

Jake and I flew back to Vancouver that night to be with my parents and Jared, while Gen took Tom and Halle home. 

(Jared's POV)

"Danni, why don't you take a break. You've been in here all day." I started to say to her, "I'll look after him and alert you if anything else changes." She didn't say anything. She just stood up, nodded, and walked out; kissing him on the forehead before leaving.

I just sat there trying to hold back the tears. I mean, I knew he was fine. The doctors told us that he would be able to go home by the end of the week. I don't know why I was so upset.

I sat in the chair next to his bed where he was sleeping. "J, you've got to stop being such an ass about shooting. We wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for that stubborn head of yours." I chuckled thinking about how much of a pain he could be sometimes. "Jensen, what the hell am I supposed to do with my life if you weren't in it anymore? I mean, you're my brother. My kids Uncle. I don't want to think about what a life would be like without you in it-"

"Oh God please stop!" Jensen said trying to wake up, "What did I say man- come on, no chick-flick moments!" He tried to act tough but I could tell he was miserable.

"Dang it Jensen" I started to chuckle. "Don't scare me like that!"

 "Sorry man. I couldn't take any more of your crying over me." He smirked proudly.

"Whatever dude. I'm going to go grab your wife. She's been upset all day waiting for you to wake up."

"Hey wait, when do the kids get back?"

"Tom and Halle went home with Gen this morning. I think Jay and Jake will be landing tonight."

"Alright. What are we going to do about the Nashville Con next weekend?"

"We'll worry about that when the time comes." I smiled and hurried to go get Danni.

(JJ's POV)

Jake and I had just sat down for dinner in Salt Lake when he walked outside to answer his phone. He was only outside for maybe a minute before coming back in. "Who was that babe?"

"It was actually your dad." He said for us to wait to leave until tomorrow afternoon. Jared booked us a hotel in the city, and our flight leaves at 2:00 tomorrow. So I guess we can enjoy our dinner without needing to hurry."

"Is Harold picking us up, or are we taking an airline?"

"Sounded like Harold was still in Texas with Gen, so we'll be leaving from the Salt Lake Int. Airport tomorrow at two."

"Alright, I'm okay with that. You wanna get a movie for tonight then?"

"Heck yeah! Let's do it!" He said more excited then I thought he'd be. 

"Alright, let's finish this and then head to the hotel." 

Okay, this might be the shortest chapter I've ever published, but I'm working on the next one RIGHT NOW! You lucky ducks! Haha!! Also, I think I'm going to write Arrow and Zeppelin into this story now. I really have been putting it off because this story is supposed to be all about JJ's life, but I think it's important to write them into the story because they're family. So the next chapter might be a whole lot different. I'd love to hear what y'all think! (So sorry if this update seemed like crap... the next one will be better!!)