What is and What Should Never Be

After we all finished our walk outside, everyone was tired and wanted to hit the sack. My parents and Tom's parents, as well as Aunt Mack, all went to bed. Tom and Halle decided to watch an episode of Supernatural. We always loved watching the seasons from before we were born, but it always freaked me out when Halle would moan and say things like "Wow, oh my gosh Jay, you're dad was so sexy!!!" It was just too much weird for me. 

Tom decided to pick an episode from season 2 called What is and What Should Never Be. We were watching the episode and I couldn't hardly stay awake any longer. I kept having thoughts about the show though. Thinking, what would it really be like if my dad wasn't on the show. 

Before I knew it, I was in bed. I rolled over in the covers to look around. I shot out of bed when I realized the room was nothing like I'd seen before. It was a room I had never entered in, and covered with cowgirl decor. My blanket sheets were plaid and when I looked in the mirror, I saw a shirt on that said "Save the Horse, ride a Cowboy."

I hurried over to the mirror and saw my brown hair again. Where were my blonde highlights? I heard my phone beep in the corner and saw a message from Tom. His contact said Thomas<3 and I wondered who had messed with my phone. 

I scrolled through my contacts looking for Jake's phone number. Luckily I had it memorized and hurried to dial. 

After four rings he picked up, sounding extremely tired. 

"Hello?"

"Jake! I don't know where I am and I need you to come get me. Babe, I'm scared." 

He sounded confused and I could hear the yawn through the phone, "Who is this?"

"This isn't funny Jake!" 

"Hey kid, I'm not trying to be funny. It's 6:00 am. I'm going back to bed." And then he hung up. 

What the heck was going on? I looked at Tom's text and it read Good morning beautiful, see you at school. 

Why did he just call me beautiful? I hurried to call Halle and figure everything out. I called three times and didn't hear an answer. Suddenly I heard my dad yell from downstairs. 

"Justice! Wake up! You've got to feed the horses before you go to school!" 

Horses? What is this place? I hurried downstairs and he handed me a bagel. "Here. I got you your favorite." 

"What are you talking about? You never let us have bagel's? You always say that their just the vegetable version of donuts." 

He chuckled and looked at me, "What are you talking about? I get us bagels every Friday morning? Look, you're mom will be up soon and you know how she hates to be woken up early. Hurry and do your chores so that I'll have time to drive you to school. I've got to be by the garage early today." 

The garage? What garage? I hurried outside and fed the horses. It took me forever just to figure out where the freaking pitchfork was.

I hurried inside and found my dad dressed in a car mechanic uniform. "Dad what in the world are you wearing?"

He looked at me like I was an idiot, "Uh, my uniform? Justice what's going on with you this morning?"

"Oh, um nothing. Forget it." 

Then this woman walked down the stairs and wrapped his arms around my Dad. Before I could say anything she was kissing up and down his neck. "Do you really have to go to work so early?"

He turned around and kissed her. "Babe, I wish I didn't." 

I was one hundred percent sure that I had lost my mind. "Come on Jay, let's get you to school."