Forgive or Forget

(Tom's POV)

I finished my last class for the week and walked into the dorm room. Jake was finishing packing for the weekend. Neither of us had class on Monday, so we knew we'd be at home for a few days.

He set his bag on the floor and laid on his bed waiting for me to pack. "Hey man, are you going to help me teach Zep some drills this weekend?" he asked.

"Sure." I started, "I've got to take Hallie out sometime though. I haven't taken her out in forever." 

"Sounds good dude." He said looking at his phone. 

"You know, you and JJ could come with us." I tried to hint to him. 

"Nah man. Not this weekend." He didn't even look up from his phone. 

"I don't get you dude." I said shaking my head and grabbing another pair of shorts to pack. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked as he sat up with all of his attention on me.

"You're so fickle Jake. One minute you're crying yourself to sleep because you aren't with JJ, and the next minute you're as bitter as sour milk. I don't understand why you can't forgive her? She forgave you when you did it to her?"

"It's just not that simple Tom." 

"No Jake, it actually is. You're just to selfish to see what you're doing to her, and all you care about is what makes you look good. You're my best friend, and I love you, but I think you're being so stupid right now." 

He grabbed his bag and walked towards the door just before turning around and getting close to my face, "What I do is my business, and I'd appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself. I love her, but I can't stand to even look at her right now." He scoffed, "Get your stuff and meet me downstairs. I'll be waiting in truck." He slammed the door behind him. 

Oh this was going to be a long ride.

(Hallie's POV)

I was sitting with JJ in the living room. She had been crying all day knowing that Jake was going to be in town, but she wouldn't be able to see him at all. 

"Do you want to get something to eat? Tom just texted me saying that they got a late start and they won't be here until later."

"I'm okay." She just rolled over and laid on the couch pulling the blanket over her. 

"What about just some ice cream or starbucks?"

"Hallie I'm okay. Please just leave me alone." 

I wanted to fight back knowing she was anything but fine, but I saw my phone ringing and it was Tom. I walked out to the back porch to answer it.

(Tom's POV)

"Hey babe. How long till you're here?" She answered.

"We'll be another hour and half at least. How's Jay?" I looked to Jake who scoffed at my question. 

"She's not good. She hasn't left the couch since we got home from school. Where's Jake staying again?"

"Our buddies parents said he could stay with them this weekend. You remember Tucker?"

"Oh yeah! Is he in town this weekend too?"

"Yeah he will be tomorrow morning. So, what about tonight. You still up for a milkshake?"

"Of course! I've missed my man. I can't wait for you to finally get here."