Here Comes the Bride...

(Friday the next week...)

"Sit still Ariel!" 

I was sitting with Ariel in the brides room of the wedding hall. She was having her makeup done while I was trying to do her hair. I had already had curled her hair and was pinning it half up. 

"I'm sorry Jay! This is so much work, and I'm exhausted

"I'm sorry Jay! This is so much work, and I'm exhausted. I should've waited to do this after the baby came."

I pinned one last bobby-pin into her hair and walked around to sit in front of her. "Oh Ariel, trust me you'll never regret it. Today will be the best day of your life. Next to the day you hold your little one in your arms for the first time." I smiled and she grabbed my hands holding them in hers.

Myself, as well as five other girls were rushing to get Ariel ready. Each of us were dressed in simple bridesmaid dresses in different shades of coral. I wore a simply elegant shade of light coral, almost pink. My hair was curled in loose beach waves. (much like the girl to the right of the bride in the picture.) Each of the girls had a white boquet of flowers and me being the maid of honor, I had a coral one. Ariel's was a mix of white, coral, and turquoise. 

After we had finished getting her ready, I hurried to the chapel to do some last minute check ups on the ceremony. 

Flowers? Check. 

Where are the grooms men?

I ran to the other room where the guys were getting ready. Tom was standing by the door next to a mirror trying to fix his tie. He stepped in for Jake, since he was back home in the hospital. 

He turned to me, "Uh, Jay can you help me? I hate these stupid things." 

I laughed and helped him straighten his tie. "You wish I were Jake right now don't you?"

I tried to hide it, but I really did wish he were. "No, no. You're fine. I'd want no one else to escort me down the aisle." 

He laughed, "Except for Jake of course."

I started thinking, "Well, actually, it's nice to have you here. I want our first time walking down the aisle together, to be our special day."

He smiled, "Speaking of him, he called about twenty minutes ago looking for you. Why don't you call him?"

I finished his tie. "Alright. Thanks Tom." I leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too."

It was still super weird for me to be around Tom. I had the biggest crush on him in elementary school, and through middle school. I really did love him. Now I think it was just like a big brother... I hope.

I hurried to the bridal room. The other bridesmaids were rushing to get their hair and makeup done as well. Ariel was eating a muffin, and I walked up to her with a napkin.