Spring Break - Part 1

(Jake's POV)

I grabbed my bag and began to walk down the stairs to the front living room. Tom and Halle were standing there waiting as if they had been waiting for hours. I set my things down and started mentally going over the things I'd need. I transferred my money over into my checking account and was all set for this weekend. I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 5:49; I also had a text from Jensen.

I guess Jay is spending the night at Abby's tonight. You guys still going to be here by elevenish our time?

Yes sir! Thanks again for all your help!

No problem kid. Text me when you land. 

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked up to find Harold in the drive way walking up to the front door. Halle was already bursting out the door and jumping into the car before I could even grab the handle to my suit case. I looked to Tom. 

"Well... she's excited huh?"

"Uh, yah think?" He joked.

The drive to the airport where Jensen's plane was waiting for us only took about twenty minutes. Gen was waiting until Thursday to come up so that Shep wouldn't be alone for the whole spring break. We were on the plane and taking off by 6:30 and landed in Vancouver at 10:40. Tom and Halle fell asleep after the first two hours, and I just spent the whole ride planning the next week, especially tomorrow night. Tomorrow is going to be great. 

I texted Jensen to let him know that we had landed and we pulled up to his house right at midnight. Luckily JJ wasn't there so we didn't have to worry about being quiet or sneaky. Danni was there to greet us when we pulled up and Jensen soon followed. 

"Hey kids, you finally made it." Danni said running up and wrapping her arms around me. 

"Yeah, the ride went fairly quickly." Tom said giving Jensen a hug as well. 

Jensen walked over to me and gave me a hug but whispered in my ear, "You still on for tomorrow night?"

"Yeah if that's okay?"

"Sure thing kid, I trust you. I already talked to the Producer's and they said she only had one scene to film tomorrow night after lunch and we could hold it off until Tuesday."

I was so excited, "Thank you sir." 

"No problem." He let go of me and said loud enough for everyone to hear now, "Why don't we get you kids inside? Danni went a few hours ago and got stuff for Ice cream sundaes." Oh that was music to my ears! I was starving. 

We had dished up and eaten our sundaes in less than twenty minutes. I helped Danni do the dishes even though she insist that I not. Afterwards, Tom and Halle went down stairs in their basement to go to bed, and I followed Jensen and Danni into his office. We went over my plans for this next week and then I caught up with them about what had been going on for the last few months. 

"Well kid, I'm still just happy she picked you." Jensen said sitting back in his chair with Danni on his lap. "Yeah, we're pretty glad guys like you still exist," Danni added.

"Well thank you both, really. That means a lot to me. I can't ever deny how much I love your daughter." I was surprised by Jensen's reaction. He had the slightest smile. Many could have been mistaken, but it was definitely a smile. 

"Well, I'm just so relieved to hear that you're all better as well." Danni remarked, "We were sick when we found out you had been diagnosed and we weren't there to be with you."

"It's okay. You were needed here. I fought a hard battle, and I'm just glad it's over." I sighed.

"Well we're proud of you kid." Jensen said. 

We continued talking until almost two in the morning, until I looked down at my phone and saw Jay was trying to facetime me. "What the heck do I do? She'll recognize your house???"

"Hey, it's okay. Just go lay on the carpet. It's the same carpet we have at home." Danni said. 

I ran to the living room and could see Jensen and Danni were listening as they stood in the doorway.

I answered the call and saw her gorgeous face. "Hey beautiful."

She was giggling when she answered. Man I loved that laugh, it could bring a smile to my face on any day. I wanted to have her in my arms this very second. 

"Hey babe," she said. "What the heck are you doing home? And how is your hair so long? Are you alright!? Why did they release you?" She went on and on until I finally stopped her. 

"Jay, babe, slow down. They released me this morning." I lied, but I'd tell her the truth tomorrow. I had to keep everything a surprise. "I'm just glad to see you. I haven't heard your voice in over a week."

She giggled again. "I know. I was just thinking about you and decided I'd try to call. I'm glad you were still awake." Man she was seriously so gorgeous. I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow to kiss her again. 

"Me too. I was in the middle of talking to your dad though. I better get back in there so he doesn't think I'm ignoring him." I smiled and looked to Jensen before realizing what I had said. 

"Wait you were talking to my dad?" She asked confused. 

"Oh... um... yeah... I was... uh... on the phone with... uhhh... him." I stuttered so much, I was the worst liar. 

"Oh that makes sense. He wasn't a jerk was he?" Man I can't believe she believed that?

"Nah, he's cool. I need to call him back though. I love you. I'll see you tomorrow." 

She cut me off, "You'll see me tomorrow?"

Oh great, I suck at this. "I meant I'll call you tomorrow. Whenever I can."

She still believed my lie. "Alright Jake. I love you too." 

She hung up and I stood up and looked to Jensen and Danni, "That was close."

"Too close they both said in unison."

I went to go downstairs when Jensen called to me. "Jake, if you don't want to sleep on the couch you can sleep in Jay's room. She isn't home, so I'm okay with it?"

That actually sounded really nice. "Oh thanks sir. I definitely will." 

I grabbed my stuff and he showed me where her room was. I was shocked and kind of laughed when I saw all the pictures of myself spread across the walls and on tops of dressers. 

"Night, kid." He said walking out. 

"Night Sir." I yelled back.

I didn't even want to sleep, I was just so excited for what would happen tomorrow!