Welcome to Pacific Grove

(JJ's POV)

I woke up with Jake's arm around me, in what felt like the warmest, coziest, cuddle. He was fast asleep, and completely snoring, but I couldn't help but smile. I was away from everything that overwhelmed my life, and felt completely content with where I was in that exact moment. I barely moved an inch, and Jake pulled me closer to him as my body cuddled up against his. I laid there in his arms, and could smell bacon, and eggs, and fresh rolls. That's when I knew I was starving. I rolled over and kissed his cheek trying to wake him up. 

"Hey, babe. Your grandpa's got breakfast going downstairs. I'm going to go help him." I rolled out of bed and almost made it out of the room when he swept me off my feet and carried me in his arms as he ran down the stairs. I laughed the whole way down the stairs and he didn't set me down until we were at the table and Ariel was practically yelling at Jake. "Oh my gosh, Jacob! Put some pants on for crap sakes! There are women in the room!" 

"Well yeah, and one of them slept with me last night. Pretty sure she's okay with my underwear." He joked. 

"Dude seriously, there's a pair of basketball shorts in the bedroom. Put something on!" 

"Ariel, it's just boxers!" 

"Jake! Just go put some pants on," Grandpa yelled. "I'll have the pancakes done when you get down here." 

"Fine..." he grumbled up the stairs, "I lose my mom and she decides to step in." 

My heart completely broke into a million pieces. We had been having so much fun together these last two days, I had forgotten to remember that he did just lose his mom not even three days ago. 

When he made it back down the stairs with a new button up shirt and wrangler jeans on, I met him at the bottom of the stairs and wrapped my arms around him as I slowly met his lips with mine, grabbing the collar of his shirt as I pulled his body against me. He slowly let his kiss fade from mine and smiled softly. "What was that for." 

"I just know you're having a hard time. I want to be there for you." I winked at him and smacked his butt, "In any way that you need." 

"Oh my gosh JJ!! You're like twelve. Don't be hinting at such things." Ariel gasped. 

"Butt out mom!" I yelled sarcastically at Ariel as she fed another spoon full of gross blended up vegetables to Charlie. "Jake, when we have kids, I'm never making them eat that stuff." I pretended to barf.

"You say that now, but your life will change drastically when you have your first. Ha! We'll probably have two more by the time you guys have your first." Parker's eyes shot right up and looked horrified. "Kidding!" Ariel joked. 

We all finished breakfast together when Jake's dad started putting the dishes in the sink. "Ariel, can you finish these? I need to take the boys to the barn.." Grandpa asked. 

"Sure thing. JJ can help with Charlie while I get this place cleaned up." 

"Absolutely." I grabbed her and took her to the sink to get her cleaned up as the boys walked out the door.

(Jake's POV)

"Son, we need to talk about your finances. I haven't heard of a man your age having so much money in his pocket in over a century. Do you understand how much money you really have?" He asked as he opened the barn door.

"I do sir." I said as I followed him into the barn. 

He grabbed a pitch fork and started shoveling hay to feed the horses. "Well, I need to meet with the two of you and discuss the inheritance. You and Ariel are my only grandkids, and Ariel's father has enough money to deal with, so I've decided to pass my money on to the two of you. You each will receive fifty percent, but we need to talk about who get's the ranch, and who gets the restaurant." 

Jensen's Little GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara