Family Teaming Up

(Jake's POV)

There was only one thing I could think of doing. I walked out of my Dad's house, leaving no note, no trace of me ever even being there. Would he be mad? Who even gives a crap! My girl was somewhere, probably in danger, and she is the only thing I care about right now. I pulled out my phone and dialed the number I wished I'd never have to dial. 

After three rings I heard an answer. "This is Detective Jones."

"Hi Detective, this is Jake. The one who..." 

"I remember son. No need to explain yourself. What can I do for you?"

"I need you to take me back to Texas." 

"You know I can't..." 

I stopped him, "I don't give a crap about what you can or can't do for me. This is a favor and I'm asking you as a friend not an officer of the law. Can you do this for me?"

"Son, you sound like you're in a rush. What's going on?"

"You want the truth." I exhaled. "Jensen, my girl friend's dad, just called to tell me she's missing. They figure she ran away to come see me, but they haven't seen her all day and last night. I need to find her. The only thing I can think of is to go back home." 

I heard a long sigh on the other end of the phone. "Jake, I could get fired for this. Or worse, go to jail." 

"I'll make up some lie. It'll be fine. Please Liam, you know I need to find her. I can't live without her." 

A few seconds paused until he finally spoke. "Alright, I'll help you. But I'm not dropping you off and coming back to New York. I'm taking on this case. You guys will probably need police escorts as well. This seems to be a severe issue." 

"It is. Thank you so much. I'm on the street outside my Dad's place. Can you come pick me up?"

"I'll be there in ten." He hung up and I sat on the curb waiting. I was determined to find my Jay.

(Jensen's POV)

Danneel was past the point of scrambling around freaking out. She'd already been doing that the last twenty four hours. At this point she was now in denial, cuddled up in a ball on the couch with four boxes of tissues surrounding her. She had been sobbing for almost an hour now, and I would do anything to be with her, but I had a dozen officers and detectives in my house trying to figure out where my little girl was. It had been almost two days since we had last seen her and with her being so worldly known, everyone was worried for her safety. 

I was talking with a detective when I heard my phone start to ring. I looked and saw Jake was calling, hurrying to answer it, "Hey son, any news?"

"Not yet. She never came to my Dad's house and I'm really worried about her." 

"Don't worry, we'll find her. We're a family, we always find each other." 

"I hope so." he sighed.

"Just be safe, and be on the look out for her." 

"Actually... here's the thing, I'm about thirty minutes from San Antonio as we speak." 

"What? What the hell are you doing son?"

"You think I'm just going to sit around and play housekeeper all day while JJ is somewhere missing? Hell no! I'm coming to help. I've got some of my friends in New York on the look out for her and they'll call me if anything comes up. Sir, this is where I need to be." 

"In all honesty, I'm so glad you're coming. I've missed you kid, and Danneel is going to really need you right now." 

"I've missed you guys too. Detective Jones and I will be there soon."