The Final Season

(JJ's POV)

It's been weeks since Jake was here, and we haven't spoken since. There are good days, and then there are bad. Pep assemblies, football games, and family nights, those are the hard days. The days I wish he was still in my life. Our relationship was getting more and more unhealthy, but part of me couldn't erase him from my life. I just couldn't do it. 

It's Halloween this weekend and it feels like this year has just flown by. Schools keep contacting me with offers and scholarships, and I've turned each of them down. I try to move on, but I just can't. Tom tries to help me through it because he understands more than anyone, but he is the one who has to go back to Jake every week and room with him. They're still best friends, and I wouldn't want to live knowing I broke that up if anything else happened. 

Tom's coming home this weekend. My mom and Aunt Gen are planning a big Halloween party for all of our family friends, and our Dad's are even coming home for it. They announced a few weeks ago that this will be the final season of Supernatural, and the season premiere starts Halloween night. My dad wanted to be home with us for the last one. 

We have a lot of our supernatural family coming home this weekend with Dad and Uncle Jared. Our friend Kim, who plays Jodie Mills on the show, is joining us. She hasn't been on the show in years, but she loves my Dad and Uncle Jared. She's been to a lot of our family events and I've been looking forward to seeing her. She's bringing Katy, who played Claire on the show, with her too. So many more are joining us this weekend, and I can't wait to see them. Being in the family that I'm in, I've pretty much secluded myself from a social life. I don't spend a ton of time with people at school, and have pretty much stuck to just Hallie. But it's a good life. Our Supernatural family is greater than anything I could ever hope for. 

Part of me wanted to call Tom to see if Jake wanted to come, but I've been having a hard time picking up the phone. I love Jake, I love him so much, but part of me keeps going back and forth on what to do. 

I decided to just shake off my indecisive problem, and I walked into the kitchen to see if my mom needed any help setting up for the party tomorrow night. 

"I think we've got all the plans finalized, we just need to run to the store to pick up a few things." My mom looked to Aunt Gen, "Gee, why don't you and Jay run to the store to pick up these last few things," she handed her a list as Gen grabbed her purse.

"Absolutely! I kind of wanted some time with my Jay anyway." Odette and Arrow were sitting in the dining room working on a school project together. "Girls, JJ and I are running to the store, will you help Dannee when you've finished with your project?"

"Sure mom." Odette smiled, and continued to color on the poster she had been working on. 

"Oh, can you bring us back some pumpkin latte's from Starbucks?" Arrow begged. 

"We'll see." Gen smirked, "Depends on how hard you work on that project." She walked out the front door and I followed. 

It was kind of cold, which was weird because it was October and we lived in Texas, so Gen and I both grabbed our Jackets. "Okay, so this list that your mom gave me is mostly just some groceries so let's run to Walmart first, and then we will head to the Party Store for the last minute decor she wanted." 

"Sounds good to me!" I smiled and got in her car. 

She successfully made it out of the driveway before asking me about Jake. "Soooo- how are things with Jake?"

"Ha! You haven't even left the house and had to bring that up?" I laughed. 

"Hey," She said defensively. "I've tried staying out of everything but I just can't anymore! Tom called last night and asked about you."