Chapter Twelve

Ashely's POV~

"God. God wanted us in eachothers lives. And besides your family." Alan said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

As that tear rolled, it made me cry harder. Alan was always the wise and strong one, but seeing him cry, it broke me.

"Alan, please don't cry." I whispered.

"I'm sorry." He breathed out.

"Don't be sorry." I whispered again. I got up and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest. I cried while he did. Sobs wracked our bodies. Chad, Caleb and Joe joined us. We held each other in a hug, we cried for I don't know how long.

A guy came in, "Five til showtime."

We all nodded, and cleaned ourselves up. Wiping our tears and calming our breathing.

Once we were somewhat okay, we walked to the auditorium. The guys prayed, and so did I. They jumped onto the stage, starting their set for the night.

They seemed so happy up on the stage, but I could see the pain. Joey's eyes met mine every few minutes. The pain in his eyes broke me.

A new beat started, I recognized it from the start. Boomerang. They sang the words, and it was like my whole heart had fallen. I had felt something so unexplainable. I dropped to my knees, praying. Asking God for strength and wisdom through this time.

***

About an hour later the show was done. So we were currently in the dressing room, the guys getting ready for a meet and greet. Although, they didn't want too. I was fixing they're hair when my phone went off. Thankfully it was just Garcia. Not anyone else.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice quivering.

"Ashley? Are you okay? Oh what am I kidding?" She rambled.

"Garcie, just talk to me." I sighed.

"Oh, right the reason I call upon you. Can you give me your Instagram password so that I can see who sent this?" She asked.

"Of course." I say, giving her my password.

"Thanks doll. I'll hit you up." She says, trying to sound somewhat cheerful.

I hung up, and continued to help the guys. I continually tried to keep my composure. The guys saw right through me though.

I remembered something from last night.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." I mumble.

"What?" Caleb asks.

"It was the verse that Chad recited for me last night, when I couldn't sleep. Philippian 4:13." I smile.

"I'm glad you remembered." Chad smiles.

I smiled and nodded, moving onto Joe last. Fixing his hair, knowing just how he likes it. Once I was finished he stood up and wrapped me in a hug.

"I love you." He whispers.

Feeling his hot breath on my ear made me shiver. I looked up at him, "I love you too. And I'm not losing you guys."

"I won't lose you either." He says, kissing me. I savored it like it was my last. I'd never imagine that I would be in this place, but here I am.