Chapter Forty-Eight

Ashley's POV~

After Joey's little romantic speech, I didn't know what to say. He stood up and quickly kissed me. "I love you so so so much." He whispers.

"I love you too." I smiled.

"Now; are you ready? All I have to do is grab our bags." He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Go to the car. I'll meet you out there." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and nodded, pushing myself up.

I waited by front door, ready to help Joey. He kissed my cheek as he came to the door. "Babe, let me take one." I offered.

"Nope. I'm doing this for you." He shook his head.

"Is it because I'm pregnant?" I sighed.

"No. It's because I love my amazing wife and I'm giving her the weekend of her life." He grins. He quickly kissed me before walking out the door. I shook my head at him. I loved him, but he was extremely stubborn at times. I sighed as I locked and shut our front door, making my way to the car.

Joey ran around the car after put our bags in the backseat. He opened my door as I approached it. I smiled as I kissed his cheek, "You're amazing. I hope you know that."

Joey grinned as I sat down and he gently shut my door. He got to the other side and got in himself. "Maybe, but it's nice to hear." He smirks.

I rolled my eyes as Joey left the driveway. It was mainly quiet for the first few minutes of the drive. I spoke up, "I just want to say sorry, for earlier."

"Don't be sorry. Okay?" He responded.

"Okay." I nodded.

"So, I've been thinking." He stated.

"Okay. About what?" I asked.

"Nursery themes." He answered.

"And?" I motioned.

"What if we did a combination? Like a musical Buckeye?" He suggests.

"I like it. Our little Ohio State Buckeye." I grinned.

"I can't wait to meet our little boy." He mumbled.

"Neither can I. I have a feeling that Arlo's gonna be just like you." I smile.

~*~*~

About three hours later, Joey pulled up at our destination. He grabbed our bags, and I followed him inside. I still had no idea on where we were at.

Joey walked up to a desk, where a very happy woman greeted us. "Hi! Welcome to Richmont Inn. How may I help you?" She asked.

"I, uh, have a room." Joey stated.

"Name?" She asked.

"Joey Stamper." He answered. She looked up at him and smiled, handing him a set of keys and showing us where our room was.

Once we got to our room and Joey unlocked our door, I was surprised. It was like a seventeenth-century room. It was, to say the least, beautiful.

"Joey, you didn't have to this." I stammered.

"Sh. But I did." He mumbled, kissing me. It wasn't quick like our others, but soft. When he pulled away, he smiled. "I needed to do this. Like my late anniversary present and our babymoon." He whispers.

"A babymoon?" I ask.

"Yeah. A little vacation before we have our baby. You need to relax, babe. After the tour, we both need it." He explained.