Chapter Thirty-Eight

~Three Months Later~

Joey's POV*

I sat in a small room with Ashley. She smiled as she looked at the screen, showing our baby. The doctor went on about normal things during the first and second trimester of pregnancy.

"You're approximately 17 weeks." The doctor stated. Ashley turned her head and looked at me. She held her hand out, and I took it gently, lacing our fingers together. "First baby?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. She smiled at the both of us.

"Would you like pictures?" The doctor asked.

"Please." Ashley nodded.

It wasn't long until they printed small photos and gave them to us, then sending us off.

Ashley looked through the photos as I drove home. Occasionally, I'd steal glances her. She'd smile, or look down at her stomach, and wipe the occasional tear. It made me smile when she did.

"I can't wait." She muttered. I smiled once again, and gently laid my hand on her thigh.

"Neither can I, baby." I grinned. I couldn't be any happier right now. All that mattered was my wife and my baby were healthy. It was only a matter of months until our baby was here.

"Arlo." She whispered.

"What?" I asked, taking a quick look at her.

"Arlo. It's a name I seen, and I loved the meaning." She explained.

"What does it mean?" I asked.

"Fighter." She answered.

"What if it's a girl?" I smirked. She glared at me, and I laughed.

"Claire?" She shrugged.

"It's beautiful. What's the meaning on that one?" I commented.

"It's latin, and it means bright." She smiles.

"They're perfect." I replied as I pulled into our driveway. I leaned over and kissed her cheek as I turned off our car. Ashley exited the car and I followed.

As soon as we walked in, Ashley sat the photos on the counter, then sat on the couch. Within five minutes, she was passed out.

I smiled as I pulled a blanket over body and kissed her forehead. I returned to the kitchen. I sat on the bar stool, looking at the photos.

Just by the photos, the baby wasn't that big. Ashley had just started to barely show. Even after three months of knowing, I still couldn't believe this. My baby.

A knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts. I sat the photos down, and answered the door. Kelsey smiled as she saw me.

"Hey Kels." I greet.

"Hey Joe." She smiled, "How's Ashley?"

I looked back at the couch. I laughed, "She's good. She's just passed out on the couch. Traveling and the baby's getting to her."