Chapter Forty-Six

Ashley's POV~

"Your fans are great, Joey." I whispered.

"I know. They're the best." Joey nodded. I smiled and leaned down to kiss his cheek.

I watched as a few fans smiled at us. Some of them chanted out to us, saying that we were goals and whatever.

As the meet and greet was nearing towards an end, the atmosphere got really tense. I didn't know how to exactly explain it. Like it was awkward and heavy. Joey shifted uncomfortably in his seat as another fan came to him. He quickly signed her things and listened to her.

The last fan came to us. They chatted with them and signed their things as always.

"Joey, I'll be right back." I stated, unsurely.

"Okay, be careful. I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too." I whispered, kissing him quickly. I turned to Emily and Morgan. "Guys, we need to go." I whispered.

"What's up?" Morgan asked.

"Just; come on." I mumbled.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded.

Emily and Morgan followed me. Although, they looked at me when I stopped outside the restroom door. "Get your gun. Be ready." I stated quietly. They nodded and did as I said.

"You be careful. Don't hurt that baby." Morgan warned. I nodded back. I quietly, but quickly opened the door.

Behind the door was two young women on the floor. The blonde was above the redhead, the redhead was in a chokehold and had a knife just barely poking her stomach. I quickly aimed my gun at the attacker. "FBI! Put the knife down." I demanded.

The blonde smirked before plunging the knife into the redhead's stomach. Emily shot at the attacker, it wasn't fatal, but enough to disable her. Emily and Morgan went to help the victim, as I pulled the attacker up, cuffing her.

"I see you finally found me." She smirked.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against in the court of law. You may hire a lawyer, and if cannot afford one, one will be appointed by the city." I recited.

"Ashley, Hotch is on his way, along with paramedics and the police." Emily informed.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"We're gonna come back. I told you, I will get Joey." She snickered. I ignored the girl, and led her out to the foyer.

Once the police and paramedics were here, the girl was taken away. The young redhead, who I later learned as Harper, was taken to the hospital and would lead a speedy recovery.

Hotch came over and placed his hand on my shoulder. It was still slightly awkward between us. He gave me a small smile, "You did good, Stamper."

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Are you Agent Stamper?" A paramedic asked me.

"Yes. Who needs to know?" I replied.

"Uh. Ms. Stevens would like to speak to you." He stated.

"Sure. Where is she?" I ask.

"Follow me." He motioned. I looked at Hotch, who was already talking to Morgan and Emily. I nodded to the paramedic, who then took me to Harper.

Harper's face lit up when she saw me. She spoke as I stood in front of her. "I just wanted to say thank you."

"It's not a problem. It's what I do." I smiled.