Chapter Fifty-Two

Almost Three Months Later

Joey's POV~

I watched as Ashley waddled around my parents house. I couldn't believe that she was already 34 weeks, only 6 more until our little boy was here.

"You ready to be a father?" My grandmother asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"How many is this one?" She asked.

"This is our first," I answered.

"Oh, silly me." She shook her head.

I smiled, "It's okay."

"For some reason I was thinking that you already had one," she stated.

"No. We were trying before she got promoted, then, we were surprised." I shrugged.

Ashley came waddling in. She smiled as she placed her hand on my shoulder, "Hey, your mom needs us both."

"Alright, I'm coming." I nodded.

"Behave little troublemaker." My grandmother joked.

I laughed, "Of course."

~*~*~

A little while later, the family was hanging out after dinner.

My mom, Ashley and I were hanging out in the kitchen. I just stood there quietly as they talked.

"I'm surprised that you two were able to come up. You know, since you're so far in." Mom stated.

"We got permission. I wasn't having any complications, so the doctor said it was fine." Ashley explained.

"We plan on coming to Nashville for Christmas, and I think Kenny and Melissa are flying in as well." Mom nodded.

I grinned, "First Stamper Christmas in Nashville."

My wife laughed and my mom smiled, "That it is, son."

"Babe," Ashley stated.

"Yeah?" I responded. She grinned as she took my hand and laid it on her bump. He was still kicking. Or at least wiggling and doing something. I smiled as the small life form moved within my wife's womb. "He's amazing."

"He takes after you." She whispered, kissing my cheek.

"You two remind me of your father and I when we were young. When I was pregnant with Donald," mom smiled.

"What about me?!" Donnie asked, poking his head through the doorway.

"Oh! When I was pregnant with you." Mom repeated.

Donnie groaned and rolled his eyes before joining us. "How's the nephew?" He asked.

Ashley smiled, "He's still moving."

"Just like Joey. He just wouldn't stop moving." Mom stated.

"Arlo likes to move, but if Joey's talking to him and asks him to stop, he does." Ashley grinned.

"Does he really?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"No matter what I did, you wouldn't stop moving. I think that's why you so sleep you much. When I was pregnant you were restless." Mom laughed.

"Mom," I groaned.

"What? It's true," she snickered.

I turned to Ashley as she sucked in a deep breath. "You okay, baby?" I asked.