Chapter Fifty Five

Ashley's POV~

I sat in front of Hotch quietly while he was talking into the phone. I couldn't quite make out what the other person was saying.

He sighed as he hung up, "Stamper, is this important? Or can we talk about it later?"

"I mean, it's kinda important. I just need to ask a quick question. It shouldn't take long." I shrugged.

"Quickly," he muttered.

"I was just wondering when I could take leave. Maybe start a week before Christmas." I stated.

"I'm sure that we can work that out, but we'll have to talk more later. We have case." He nodded.

"Yes sir." I mumbled.

"You able to work this? It's local." He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Let's go." He demanded.

I nodded and got up, following him to the briefing, calling the rest of the team.

After I waddled into the room, I sat down. Rossi gave me a smile before sitting next to us. "You taking leave yet?" He asked.

I laughed, "Not yet."

"Hey sexy mama!" Garcie grinned.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Let's get this started." Hotch stated.

"Right." Garcia mumbled. She pulled up a screen with multiple people, whom I assumed to be deceased, and a couple with masks. "So, this unidentifiable couple have been terrorizing small stores and local banks. One deceased victim from each, others only injured. From witness reports, it's the male who shoots, killing a female. A blonde or brunette, build doesn't matter. Right now, police are at the scene of a small store of a robbery."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go." Morgan sighed.

"Ashley, come on. You're coming with me." Rossi mumbled.

I nodded and followed him as the team dispersed. As we neared the black SUVs, I climbed into the passenger as Rossi climbed into the driver's seat. Garcia climbed into the back and grinned at me.

~*~*~

Minutes later we're pulling up at the small store, being surrounded by police and other local FBI agents, and Homeland Security.

"What's H.S doing here?" I asked as we approached the team.

"Someone reported a bomb, the bomb squads on it's way. Keep in mind, they're terrorists." Hotch stated.

"Right." I mumbled.

"What's the plan?" Morgan asked.

"We treat this like a regular hostage situation." Hotch answered.

"I've hacked into the cameras!" Garica shouted.

I waddled into the small trailer, watching over her shoulder. The couple roamed the store, rounding the hostages to the front. The male began waving his gun around and appeared to be shouting. The female stood there, watching the male, with what appeared to be a look of admiration. The same look I give Joey.

"What if they're married?" I questioned myself.

Garica shrugged, "Possibly."

I stuck my head out the door, "Hey, guys. I think found something."

Hotch nodded and the team crowded the small area. Hotch sighed, "What is it?"

"Garcia, can you rewind a bit?" I asked. She nodded, and did as I asked. "Stop!" I demanded as I pointed at the screen. "Look, the woman gives the man a look of admiration. It's the same look I give Joey. The look you give someone you love. What if they're married?"

"Yeah. I see it," JJ nodded.

"So, they're in some kind of relationship." Morgan agreed.

"We can use that." I stated.

"Come on. We need to set up a line." Hotch demanded. We nodded and began to file out, however, Hotch stopped me. "Ashley, no. I need you to stay here. Find a way to help Garcia."

I sighed and nodded. Garcia grinned at me, "Come here, sexy mama."

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

~*~*~

I sighed as I watched Emily enter the small store with nothing to protect her. Not a vest, and not a wepon.

"She better come out of there alive." I muttered.

"She will. She's strong." Garcia reassured.

I nodded as my phone went off. I groaned and turned around to answer it. I sighed, "Agent Stamper."

"Baby? Please tell that I'm not seeing you on the news." Joey begs.

"It probably is, babe. I'm the only pregnant woman here." I mumbled.

"Why are you even there? Baby, I can't loose you." He sighed.

"Listen, I'm not outside. I'm in the little trailer with Garcia. Look, I have to go. I love you, and I promise, I'll see you right after this." I stated.

"I love you too." He replied, "You better come home tonight. I can't loose you."

"You won't. Stop thinking like that. I'll call once we get back to the office. I love you, and I'll see you later."

He sighed, "Okay. Bye, I love you too."

I sighed as he hung up. "Everything okay?" Garcia asked.

"Joey's just worried about me being here." I answered.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll catch these guys and we'll all go home." She reassured.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"What is she doing?" Garcia questioned. I watched as Emily tried to gather everyone near the doors as the male looked at his. The woman looked over and he nodded.

Garcia and I jumped as the cameras faded and went to static before turing black.

"We've lost connection!" I shouted to the team.

Everything after seemed to go slowly. Not even minutes after losing a connection, the trailer began to shake and I felt an immense heat waving over. Debris hit the metal trailer.

I had no idea what just happened.

•A/N•

So, I made a little change of plans. It's a short chapter, but I wanted you on the edge for the next!😏😁 What do you think happened?

Vote and Comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️